Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K&N - Cone w/adapter or stock replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N - Cone w/adapter or stock replacement?

Title says it all. Stock engine with no serious mods planned for now. Should I go with the K&N cone, or K&N stock replacement?
    s-1-7

i would go with a adapter and get a nice air filter. K&N or something else the flows good. if you do just get a stock replacement air filter, cut the bottom of your box out so it lets in more air.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Well, considering how hard it is to mount any cone filter in there (unless you remove most of the intake assembly) and since this car isn't gonna have any other mods, go with an OE K&N.

Comment

OR if u have $$..get the HKS air filter...fits in there nicely

Comment

Cone filter and adapter.

Comment

Cone with adaptor plus bigger AFM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

i was curious about changing to an aftermarket one, due to the cramped space after the airflow sensor. i also saw one off ebay that was a cold air intake. after the adapter, there was a 90 deg elbow pipe followed by a rubber coupler, then another pipe that went farther down, with a slight bend in it....then the filter. i'll have to check out that HKS one. that's the mushroom tip one right?
              Chris
              94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
              2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
              -John Wayne
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

323 kit - http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-0117

What's the story on that? Any reason why it wouldn't fit my LX? It's not listed as compatible.

Thanks for the help guys.
                s-1-7

Comment

it should work on your car from the looks of it. you just connect it to the Air Flow Meter (AFM) and then the rubber hose looks like it drops it down into the inner fender.
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Yeah, I don't see why it would be any different.

Comment

Working...
                    X