Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LX, 323 base model no a/c, 323 a/c & 323 SE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
    I think suave will be coming out with a steak and A1 scented shampoo soon............To go with the sour cream and chive baked potato body wash.
    Hmmmmm, I might be tempted to taste it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      Hmmmmm, I might be tempted to taste it.
      awwww I bet you say that to all the guys
      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
        awwww I bet you say that to all the guys
        I have to think of a good response to that.

I'll be back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          I have to think of a good response to that.

I'll be back later.
          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5

Pretty much.

Got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sfd View Post
              i dont think there is much difference weight wise between any of those. so may as well go with the protege lx for the sake of it already having a bp.

and i doubt you hit 14s with the mods you have. 14s come with a stock gtx or a full on head transplant with all the bolt on goodies you can image. (i.e. header, intake, exhaust, timing, p&p, cam gears/shafts, TB, intake manifold, tuned vaf may help, and so on) Maybe you do with the car on a serious diet, slicks, and can drive like a mother.
              14'scan be hit with stand alone, header, larger injectors, larger fuel pump, cams light flywheel, udp, light rims, good tires,

remember stand alone will allow you to remove the VAFM and make your intake flow more free also you can use a ram effect intake system to draw air from in front of the car it is proven to help once you hit approx 35 mph

other things if you feel froggy are 10:1 pistons and wasted spark
              eat me

Comment

this thread is ancient. without boost, chances to hit 14's is very slim.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  this thread is ancient. without boost, chances to hit 14's is very slim.
                  if you do everything i listed you can do it

i would put 50 bucks on it

nuemand hit 15.5 on a stock motor
                  eat me

Comment

I think you'd have to be on a sticky track, on a cool day, near sea-level, and have a perfect launch to do it N/A.

Then again, the only built protege I've own was sold before it saw asphalt.
                    Current Cars
                    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                    1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                    1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

i still can't figure out how eric hit 15.5, i've never seen below a 16 in even a mildly modified BP
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i still can't figure out how eric hit 15.5, i've never seen below a 16 in even a mildly modified BP

Originally posted by finewine
                        I think you'd have to be on a sticky track, on a cool day, near sea-level, and have a perfect launch to do it N/A.

heh

I ran a 12.9 in my camaro once, stock on DOT tires, and had to have 5 witnesses testify AND post the time sheet. All of the above was true, except the sea-level part.
                        Current Cars
                        2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                        1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                        1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                        1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

I hit 16.00 last year when I blew my trans to bits, amd theres room for improvment on the R/T's and 60' s

lets see how I do on the 28th
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

well i can see how eric has the fastest time on a bp. the weather here is only hot during the summer months and PIR is basically at sea level. (assuming that's where he did it. or even if he did it in the seattle area, most of that is right about sea level too.)
                            sigpic

Comment

If you want a car to scoot, do whatever you can to improve your power/weight - the less you weigh, the less power it will take to get going.

I'd start with the base 323 (~2200 lb) and work from there. You can probably get it in the 1900lb range with some effort or 2100 without trying too hard. If it's a car built for timeslips, why worry about a/c?
                              '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                              '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                              10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                              490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

My base model 323 weighs 2460lbs with me in it, and about 3gallons of gas. Full interior, spare tire and everything. GTX engine, 98 ZX2 front subframe, was a bit heavier than the stock and rear disks, also felt a little heavier when I swapped them. Don't know if that helps, but I just weighed the car a couple weeks ago. Oh yea, and I weigh about 135lbs.
                                sigpic
                                1990 EGT Turbo RIP
                                1995 EGT GTX RIP
                                1991 323 GTX swapped
                                2003.5 MSP

Comment

Working...
                                X