No announcement yet.

SHOW vs GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all go. I don't want a fugley car, but I like to impress people with speed. I know I'm not fast, but I do suprise most people and they just smile and say, what motor do you have again. I would like a front bumper that I could mad downforce from then leave the rest of the body alone. I kind of like those hood vents on corksport for 90 bucks though.
    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

Well i guess it is all in what you want more then what is better. Do you want to be seen? Do ypu want to go fast? Do you want people to **** themselves when you leave them on the line in your stock lookin pro?? I am for both. Go-n-Show Lets face facts when you are in with a bunch or car buffs they might gives you props on a good lookin car but they will be all over a car that runs like noone ever thought in could...But like I said lets face facts in todays world it is be coming harder and harder to find those People. I mean take my **** hole of a town it was getting to the point where there was so much crap on cars that I almost gave up. Matter a fact after losing my job I didnt even want to look at it little less put what little money I had in to it. then I found comfort in the strangest crowd a bunch of V8 hoursepower american made junkies.. And they all were like Its all about having a car that when your done you can sit back and say I DID THAT..And you know thier right there are people out there with cars completely moded out Go and Show that are bigger RICERS then the guy with the bodykit and lights and nothing else because they know nothing about their cae cause they had someone else build it and at least the guy with the "RICED OUT" car can tell you what they have on it..So I think people need to figure out what they want cause thats the only thing that matters when you build the car you want the "nice car" and "DAMN" will come..
      93 Protege lx (Jessi)
      Project Jessi
      Sold

88 "terd tan" ranger

quote:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Racing in a Honda is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win... your still retarded
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

And to tell you the truth I would like to see bizob's car in some MAG. somewhere cause hes done soo much toit that it NEEDS to be seen
        93 Protege lx (Jessi)
        Project Jessi
        Sold

88 "terd tan" ranger

quote:
        Racing in a Honda is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win... your still retarded

Comment

Personally... I see no point in gettin go mods for my DX... its an economy car... and its main purpose is to get me where i need to go... In my case... I am doing whatever I can do to make it Clean, Make it look legit, and pretty her up...

But, if I had a more powerful car... and i had money, and i knew what i was doing... and I actually raced... Yes...

But for you all.. Do what your heart desires... Peace Yall
          1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
          1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
          2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
          2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

im all about some show and some go, but every time i have money, im replacing something that brakes. kinda like now, my pro is sitting in a parking lot begging for a transmission...

ok, now heres where it breaks down, i could afford a transmission, and be back on the road drivin again, but in order to get the cash for the tranny, i would have to sell my 17's. now in a normal situation i would, the only thing is i dont have anything to put back on the car, someone stole my steelies,

ZOOM~ZOOM~

Comment

function>form
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

holy old post revival, batman!!!!

5 and a half years, good job!

--sarge

Comment

Som of you may, or may not have seen my little ride. Well, here ya go. Take a look and I'll explain my thoughts on the whole show or go.

There is nothing to describe the feeling of all the looks I get. I can not go anywhere without someone oogling my car. I get looks of astonishment and lots of thumbs up gestures. This makes me feel good, or rather better about what I have done to my car. Though, I did not set out to get people to notice me. I was on a quest to make my car unique in every way possible. I wanted people to look at what I had chosen as an expression of myself, reguardless of how they felt about it. I realy didn't car, in the begining, or now if people don't like how it looks. I personally LOVE it.

As for going fast, yep, it does that too. Well, that is, for a Rio. I get a sheer feeling of bliss when a guy in a Honda rolls up next to me and thinks my car is a pile of rice crap. It aint rice and it has the BALLS to stand up to them, when I drop the hammer. I am enthralled with how it handles and the way it throws you in the seat. I absolutely enjoy giving people rides. Those who have never been in my car usually respond with the acceptance nod and a comment of how nice it looks. Then, unexpectedly, I put them in their seat. Watching the grin on their faces as they grab the O.S. handle is priceless.

To have "show" is a thing of artistic expression.

To have "go" is a thing of engineering geneous.

To have "show" AND "go" is a full experience that engulfs the body AND mind.

I.M.O., it just is not complete without both. Now this does not mean that you can't have a stock looking car. It just means that it shouldn't look like it has been driven through the desert off road races. A clean stock looking car that has a beast of an engine under the hood is very nice indeed. A little bit of flair and some tender loving care...lol.

Comment

nothing says unique like an econobox with a drop, wheels, fart cannon and a spoiler... I can honestly say I have never seen that before... you should make a shop unique auto sports because its so unique it would be a cool unique shop name to go with your unique ride.

btw WTRG,

I think you get the record for reviving the OLDEST thread on the forum good job noob!
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

I like go, I dont like "show" I like clean and sharp looking. My plan is after turbo, to fix all the rust, and paint it factory color. It will be lowered a little and have some new rims, these tiny lts ones wont cut it (not wide enough) Ill probably be going with a 15" rim Some nice works powdercoated black, or bronze. I will also removing the second spoiler my grandpa put on in 94 lol. A clean car will turn heads for better reasons. A ricey car turns heads for the LOLZ.
                      sigpic

Comment

hahaha bump for old ass crappy thread
                        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                        |.....Overnight....................| ||
                        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
                        X