brand new knows nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brand new knows nothing

hi, names bruce. ive got a freind with a 94 mazda protege. i know absolutely nothing about mazda swaps, motors, trannys, nothing.

just looking for alittle information and something i can read up on

hes got the dohc in his. hes looking to do something performance wise with the car, i recommended a swap but i dont know what mazda offers. what are reccomended swap for a 94 protege?

also what is the motor model/name that is in it a 94 protege stock?

any guides i can look at as far as swaps to read up on?

you should send him to the board... no?

its not to difficult to turbo... infact im thinking of upgrading mine, so i might have basically an entire kit up forsale... minus the intake setup.

the motor is a mazda BP (i think bpze).

look up gtx/gtr motor swap... look in the forced induction section in the stickies for information on these topics (by FAR easiest would be the gtx... just a much simpler more basic boost application... the gtr is a larger turbo, more aftermarket is involved)
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by bannaprotege View Post
      hi, names bruce. ive got a freind with a 94 mazda protege. i know absolutely nothing about mazda swaps, motors, trannys, nothing.

just looking for alittle information and something i can read up on

hes got the dohc in his. hes looking to do something performance wise with the car, i recommended a swap but i dont know what mazda offers. what are reccomended swap for a 94 protege?

also what is the motor model/name that is in it a 94 protege stock?

any guides i can look at as far as swaps to read up on?
      I wouldn't even bother with a swap since you already have a BP, I'd just search out the parts needed to turbo it. If you are set on doing a swap just put a V6 in it. Certainly do some searching on this site to get some really good info about what you can do to increase performance.

Good luck,
      MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

much needed. thanks

Comment

you've got the engine people swap into a protege already. turbo that thing!

Comment

Originally posted by EricM View Post
            you've got the engine people swap into a protege already. turbo that thing!
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

there was a huge ass debate a long time ago about the pro & cons of Turboing a BP VS swapping in a BPT.

A better questions would be what is your friends budget, and what sort of power goals is s/he looking to obtain? We can better suggest ideas for you then.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
              X