fair price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fair price?

hey, once again I need your collective wisdom, my car is having insane rust issues and I'm looking for another one. I found a guy selling a black 91 SE, and I want your feedback on what a reasonable price is for it.

So the upside:
    The body is really good, nothing in the wheel wells or arches, shock towers are spotless, I think it has a problem door though, sunroof seems to run ok, I didn't see any water damage around it. I didn't even notice if it had power windows so I can't say if they work . Also, new gas tank, and various other things, it just passed the SAAQ inspection, which is a pretty rigorous check of the whole car, suspension and brakewise. I started it up and it ran great, like wow, never seen a B8 run that nicely.

The Downside:
    ok, here we go,
    The interior is Beige...I'm really not a fan, so I would have to swap mine into it, also its not in that good shape, the carpet's lifting on the driver side where it meets the plastic step type thing, it has some rust that looks like it could be a problem in front of the front driver side door, I know thats not too clear, maybe I'll get a pic on mine so u can get an idea what I'm talking about. And last but pretty unimportant if u ask me cuz I already have my BP, but it has 250 xxx kms.

the guy wants $2200 canadian

do you guys think thats too much? I was thinking more along the lines of 1500, course ur teh experts .

So thanks for ur input, if i can I'll get some pics of it.
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

so 35 views and nobody has any input??

if it'll help thats equal to

2,072.64 Usd, but lets say I might be able to get it lowered by a few hundred
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

offer him $1500, tell him that's what you're looking for. it has rust, high km motor, etc. Look at it one more time, really nitpick the small details, slow power windows (if it has), worn locks, sloppy steering, rusting panels, bad carpet, worn/torn seats, bad tires, etc etc. cash in hand works amazingly well. if you show up with $1500 in cash (showing, reserve a couple hund's in the pocket just in case) he'll be more likely to take the cash.
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

2000 dollars is a lot for the protege with B8 IMO, actully way too much. If it was LX with BP offer of 1500 would be reasonable. I had a guy buy a civic from us, he had a white SE. For the joke of it I offered him 250$ for it he immediately agreed. So I would try to go for 12-13 hundred, you can always bring it up.

Comment

i have bought 3 so far, and total don;t add up to that price. 93 GT, i payed 900 for, bought a 90 protege DX pated 600 for and a 93 323, payed 300 for. all with the same km's all in canada, the 323 has the least rust on it. but all ran like a top, and interiors can be changed, i did in the 323, it's all black now, was all tan.

if rust is good look under the car, thats the worst area on these cars, check the lines, if it;s cert. e-tested. 250.000kms isn;t much for a mazda, she'll keep going. 1500 isn;t bad if it;s really good.

Comment

Price is too high for a car with 250K km. It is an SE so only has power mirrors and sunroof, no locks or windows and its a 91, so ugly rear. Mechanically, you should look if it has new brakes, exhaust parts, ball joints, struts etc. I wouldn't pay more than 1000 for it if it doesn't have all of these replaced. Just to give you an idea, i just bough my 4WD with 119K km, bad brakes and front bearings for 1100 CAN, but it has very low mileage and its a 4WD. Check on Lespac, there are plenty of them for good prices.

Comment

Working...
            X