Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im also going to try another crossmember if that don't work

Comment

well i did a little testing and i really think it might be the back mount it shakes on the bottom of the engine on the passengers side

i remember cutting the tabs off that stick out the side of the rear mount before installing the inserts

Comment

im telling ya the inserts are JUNK
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ya but its a pita to get that rear mount out if i get it out can i grind off that tab on the bracket and turn the bolt around so it comes out the other side

Comment

i dont' reccomend grinding that tab down, that will make your life even harder
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              im telling ya the inserts are JUNK
              I don't think they're that bad.

If you put them into mounts that aren't wasted, they do their job.

Comment

I've got a set of the ES inserts, put into NEW mounts, ran them on my wagon for three years, no problems other than some wheel hop. I just went with my welded mounts when I installed my LSD, just to stop any wheel hop (I was sick of breaking axles).

The ES inserted mounts are now in my BP'd 323, I think that they are fine for an N/A setup, but repeated abuse of the high torque loads of a turbo engine are not what they were designed for.

--sarge

Comment

when ever i get them in i will let you guys know how it works out but the mounts already installed are brand new

Comment

well if i don't end up fixing this with the change of crossmember and mounts it's going back to stock

Comment

FILL YOUR MOUNTS USE 1" SUPPORT WASHERS. you will not regret the change & have the option to sell your insert to someone who will be able to make more use of them

Comment

The inserts worked great on my previous engine with nitrous. But now that I'm boosted and the power comes on down low, they are only good for making my change rattle at idle. The biggest problem is wheel hop. I'm sure the 150k mile control arm bushings arn't helping matters, but the inserts sure arn't doing much for keeping the engine put.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

I had a similar problem with my 94 Proto. The shifter moves a little but thats just the torqe. My problem ended up being the rear bushing for the tranny. The sound.... I never had one but did make a metal grinding noise before the Flywheel/Clutch went out. That's when I noticed the Bushing was bad. I still think that the bushing is what caused my old "new" clutch/flywheel to be messed up due to an uneven balance from the bad tranny bushing

Comment

Any chance you saved the part numbers for the crossmember bushings? I couldn't find them in the catalog at OnlineMazdaParts.com.

http://wheelspecs.com

Comment

get them from your local dealer they dont cost to much

Fronts B092-39-811
                              Rear upper B455-39-820
                              Rear lower B455-39-830

Comment

Working...
                              X