Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY exhaust. not howto, will it be better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY exhaust. not howto, will it be better?

not on these exact pipes. but stock iron ones. for any car i guess.
    anyway, cut the old factory pipes off an weld just slightly larger ones on the (bolt on piece?) and weld on inside, then grind and smooth. then when your at (circled blue section in pic) drill a hole for the o2 sensor and use a nut that has the same threading as your o2. and re-use the old hangers and fastners,(green selection)

if the pipes were slightly larger, (all the way to your muffler) this would increase performance. correct?

lets say you used this info just to make a turbo setup, and not to the muffler.
    idk, lets say a geo metro?
    Attached Files
    Engine:
    2.2L
    4-cyl
    make:
    Saturn
    Model:
    vue
    Transmssion:
    MANUAL :ARCADE:
    Rims:
    alloy
    Drive Terrain:
    FWD
    -------
    lol the head looks like styrofome!
    i'll get pics when i can get my hands on a camera! LOL

short answer yes, but you won't be able to use that header with a turbo setup.
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

I like the fact you also used light blue as a color and didnt explain what it means.

Also why did you choose a d series header as you example. I'm pretty sure its a d series header
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

No he did, he said the light blue was where he would re-weld a nut that a stock O2 sensor would screw into
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

I didnt bother reading the post past the first line.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

at least you read, btw i know thats not the right setup for a turbo. lol. i'm not that dumb. it might be for a 1990 geo metro hatch. idk yet. i dont know how to weld. i got to take the class
            Engine:
            2.2L
            4-cyl
            make:
            Saturn
            Model:
            vue
            Transmssion:
            MANUAL :ARCADE:
            Rims:
            alloy
            Drive Terrain:
            FWD
            -------
            lol the head looks like styrofome!
            i'll get pics when i can get my hands on a camera! LOL

Comment

But they have turbo manifolds for the metro.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

lmfao, you're going to turbo a geo metro?
                1993 Protege SE

Comment

I think he should use wood for a cat back exhaust....it'll match the rear air spoiler.
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
                    I think he should use wood for a cat back exhaust....it'll match the rear air spoiler.

1993 Protege SE

Comment

Working...
                    X