ran my intake and now have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ran my intake and now have a question

Got some more work done. Did the intake portion of the turbo/piping done and hooked up, which could of been done alot faster, but we won't go there. here are some pictures of the process

pic 1-7 are the progress and various shots.

NOW picture 8 and 9 are my questions. picture 8 is for Ryan...which hole did you pluck that fuse out of

picture 9 is a picture of the passenger side of the car. i removed the tow hook there and was wondering if i can cut the circled metal thing out, or is it part of the fram, and is important to the front end...my thoughts are to cut it out and bend the surroundings and run the pipe just like the drivers side

thanks alot
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

looking good so far...

as for your questions, i cannot answer off the top of my head. I didnt cut any of that metal out in reguards to that question but as to the structural integrity i would imagine a well placed cut there wouldnt harm anything.

also the S pipe (the factory pipe your using) is backwards on your setup... it should be flipped the other way around and just like the factory intake on the non boosted setups a hose needs to be run from under the throttle body to the big nipple.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

i removed both my tow hooks to fit my pipes

Comment

ok cool thanks guys. yeah that intake thing is upside down, i was just hooking stuff up whichever way it fits..with the way it is now and the cuts i made, the filter section of the pipe fitted up perfectly above the other pipe. and that hose thing is the stock one, i'll be buying new vac. lines for both that and the bov thanks tho i was going to run it up top, below is a much better look
        Originally posted by 90prtege
        have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
        Originally posted by Turpro
        Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
        CRZbrussian: that sux
        CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
        CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

safe to cut the metal! I had my left tow hook yanked off my car, just took a few good swings with the 10lb sledge to beat the frame back into place. It can take a small cut.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
          X