Shift Mechanism Problem On 94 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Mechanism Problem On 94 Pro

I did a search for this but didnt come up for anything and i looked in the 92 service manual and i'm not even sure if it lists the part i need. My problem is my shifter is falling through the bottom of my car. It looks like there is a Rubber piece that has rotted and is not able to hold the shifter in the car any long. This piece is Round and has 2 fat rubber pieces that come off the side of it that hold it into the plate. anyone have any idea what this is called or the part number of it? i'm almost positive that it is something that i am going to have to grab this from the dealership so a part number would be great. i'm thinking i might have to get a whole new Extension Bar but not sure. Any Info would help greatly. Thanks guys

Ben

The search button is your friend.

But i had mine welded that is going in the 323.
    I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

Its part of the shift linkage. I've always called it the shifter stabelizer bar. I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow. I can get you one if you want.
      do you have a protege LX or DX?
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

This is an easy fix, and something that I did to the linkage before putting it in my 323 during the 5 speed swap. Basically remove it from the car, then take the stabilizer bar off the lever, err, other way around, it's the part that falls down. It's a rubber bit that fits into a metal bit, from the factory it's like glued/melted in there, and that's why it falls.

Once you have it apart, clean up the 2 indentations on the part that the rubber bit goes in, then tack-weld a little on it to create an edge. Push the rubber bit back in and it'll snap in place and won't fall again.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

or drill a hole where it will hold both parts together and use a nut bolt and two washers

Comment

thanks guys, i now have multiple ways to to fix it and all of them save me money. sorry i reposted this but i didn't find it when i first did a search, should have looked alittle harder. And thanks for the offer on picking me one up Wheresthericego but i think i'm gonna stick with the cheapest plan for now. you guys rock thanks again

oh one more thing. one of the rubber nobs that holds it in place is completely gone...do you think thats gonna cause any problems with the fix???

Comment

not if you bolt it in place it won't
              Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X