protege cutting out and dieing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

protege cutting out and dieing

I have a '92 Protege LX with DOHC and when it's hot outside after it warms up it starts cutting out and when I turn right it will die. But at night it does just fine with no issues at all. I need any advice you may have because I am lost when it comes to these types of cars. Thanks

It is acting like it isn't getting enough gas but i have had the fuel pump and regulator tested and they are both good

i'm thinking coil problem. but first, are you getting a check engine light ? if so, investigate into that first before doing fuel pressure testing...ect.

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

no the check engine lightisn't coming on but the fuel light comes on but only during the day. I've got the fuel system checked abd there is no problem there.

Comment

does it matter how much fuel is in the tank,does it do it if you have a full tank?
        Powered by ACME

Comment

ya it does it weather it has a full tank or not

Comment

Fuel filter? Fuel line getting kinked when you turn right by a moving part?
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

If the dashlights and headlights look dim, could be your belts. Mine were dry rotted from the previous owner and now my car runs fine.

Comment

This part confuses me.

Originally posted by Denzik View Post
                ya it does it weather it has a full tank or not
                Can you determine if it goes lean or rich when it dies? If so then you can tell whether it's spark, fuel or air that causes the problem.

Also you have two triggers: heat and motion. Without both you cannot reproduce the problem. Right?
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Let me clear it up. it was just doing it when the fuel level was about a 1/4 of a tank but then it started to cut out and die with a full tank of gas but like I said it only happens if I drive adout ten miles during the day but at night it doesn't matter how far I drive it does just fine.

I don't know if it goes lean or rich though, how can I tell.

Ya, the only way it will die is with those two triggers but it starts cutting out with just the heat. When it will start cutting out you can hardly notice it and then it gets a lot worse like for a stop it doesn't really want to go and it take awile to get back up to speed.

Comment

Well it has gotten worse I can now drive about 3 miles before it starts acting up and now it will die sometimes even if I'm going straight. And it didn't start any of this until I put some Lucas fuel injecter cleaner in the car when i first got it. Please I need some help or I'm just going to sell it if I can't get it fixed. Thanx

Comment

CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER
                      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                        CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER
                        LOL!

I agree.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

in my pro when i hit about 1/4 tank the fuel light comes on so thats pretty common

and its a no brainer if you take a corner fast with little gas in the tank its going to go to one side and the sensor will think its out...
                          My Car Domain
                          My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
                          Cat Back Exhaust

5 Speed Tranny Conversion.....Coming This Summer

Comment

Originally posted by OUfb2005 View Post
                            in my pro when i hit about 1/4 tank the fuel light comes on so thats pretty common

and its a no brainer if you take a corner fast with little gas in the tank its going to go to one side and the sensor will think its out...
                            I have that problem in a straight line lol boost hittin mad G's

Comment

Working...
                            X