ask "i love clouds" tech info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ask "i love clouds" tech info

i know crap loads bout turbo cars and mazda bg hatch turbo's this is modifying not problem solveing:

some interchangeability between the sedan and the hatch good ones
    i can give info on making the stock tail lights cool legal and illegal
    installing aftermarket bovs
    installing boost controllers
    installing boost guages
    aftermarket air filters
    your own grounding kit
    aftermarket coil
    making ur stock calipers look better
    cooler corner lights
    installing a racing seat
    aftermarket steering wheels
    window tinting the right way! let me know what u wanna hear il tell u or il be here all night =)
    Last edited by mazstar; 06-20-2008, 05:39 AM.
    Mazda Familia GT-R: 241HP ATW and 387NM @17psi

i give my wife a quarter inch at a time for thoes ten seconds or less im free

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

sounds like you need to do some write-ups on how to do those things.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

yea i'm with deadly on this one, instead of offering a 'how-to service' you should just make them up when ever you get spare time and post them in the 'how-to' section

JACK.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Damn I've been wondering how to put on this ****in boost controler for 5 years now. thanks alot. o.O
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

dam kitty so much with so littel words lol good one!!!

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
          Damn I've been wondering how to put on this ****in boost controler for 5 years now. thanks alot. o.O
          GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
          AND
          THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by i love clouds View Post
            i know crap loads bout turbo cars and mazda bg hatch turbo's this is modifying not problem solveing:

some interchangeability between the sedan and the hatch good ones
            i can give info on making the stock tail lights cool legal and illegal
            installing aftermarket bovs
            installing boost controllers
            installing boost guages
            aftermarket air filters
            your own grounding kit
            aftermarket coil
            making ur stock calipers look better
            cooler corner lights
            installing a racing seat
            aftermarket steering wheels
            window tinting the right way! let me know what u wanna hear il tell u or il be here all night =)

im curious about what yA know
            tell all!!!
            1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
            2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
            3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

Zombie, Kid, turtles, news, kgw, live, shot, newscast, blooper

this is what i know !! beat that i like clouds !!!!!!
              GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
              AND
              THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

do you liek mudkipz?
                Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

il post them here and il put them onto a seprate thread another time now boost controller:

i will write up on how to connect a bleed valve as the electronic gets plummed into the same place

ok first of all you will need some exta vacume pipeing silicone would be great for dress up perposes and the fact it withstands 300dagrees celceus so it wont melt too easily, some zip ties for the vac pipes, a boost guage and ur tool set.

gtx and gtr have different boost controlers from stock
                  the gtx is mounted on the air flow controller and the gtr's is mounted on the turbo.

so start ripping everything in the way out not leteraly! take note of what goes where if your forgetful now im shure u guys know what a wastegate looks like theres internal which is mounted to the turbo and theres external which is mounted off the manifold now with the external ul need to change your springs to handle a specified ammount of boost i wont cover that here but ask me if you want me to.
                  im guessn uve found the wastegate now and next is to trace the vac pipes from the controller to the wastegate you will know because its the only electronic thing the boost goes strait too now pull out the pipe from the stock solonoid(controller) to the wastegate and cut it in half or cut a peice of silicone to the same size and half it put the hoses onto the new controller make sure u have it the right way around and set to the lowest setting possable now ziptie all the ends tight and reinstall the hoses into the car the same way as before and zip tie them too.
                  now if your smart u will put a whole lot of excess vac hose in so the controllers in a nice position to adjust when your on the run put everything back in and double cheak to make sure, start her up take her for a drive she should be running very low boost if any now stop adjust her a little bit go for a drive get up to 3rd gear which is full load for a good reading on the boost guage and keep adjusting till you get to the boost you want and done!

doing this you get the low and high boost output from the stock solonoid i.e
                  8-10 10-12psi etc but with your controller it will be more like 13-15psi hav fun!

let me know what car your doing it to wat you have done to it and the octane fuel ur useing il let you know if its safe to run what psi
                  Last edited by mazstar; 06-22-2008, 03:02 AM.

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

Comment

for n/a cars maximum 9psi i must stress ur car wont be made to handle boost so take good care of her!
                    for a gtx maximum is 14psi daily driven because the turbo wont handle too much boost
                    for a gtr you can run 16psi daily driven and the odd run of 21psi safely as long as its not that way for days your sweet

this depends of the tune of ur car so leave details before upping always use the best gas u can get when upping boost engine knocking will destroy your engine and that is caused by crap gas have fun
                    dont launch ur gtx/gtr u will thank me for that advice
                    Last edited by mazstar; 06-22-2008, 03:04 AM.

sigpic

Comment

this isnt very informative, and I think a lot of the topics have been covered. I think some people have been successful running more than 9psi on an N/A block.. It really depends on what variation of the N/A motor it is.

Comment

Pfffffffffffffffft. 9psi is weaksauce. 1.2-1.3 bar is where it's at. :p
                        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by i love clouds View Post

so start ripping everything in the way out not leteraly!
                          I did this and now my car doesnt run!!! Your advice is faulty!!!!
                          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

lol it says not literaly gosh bet your jokeing noone in there right mind would just start ripping at everything in sight, as for the 9psi if you wanna run more its fine with me, n/a cars are made high compression so the more boost you pack into the block the harder the pistons have to compress it this along with cheaply manifactured rods and pistons they would eventualy bend snap or just melt into the block id be intrested to hear how long the engine's last on everything above 9psi my advice is for perminant boosting for 10years plus not 6mths

sigpic

Comment

Tuning is everything :D
                              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Working...
                              X