No announcement yet.

hoodspacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blowing hot air through your engine bay will not lower your engine bay temperatures... its not like putting washers in the back of your hood will make 96* air 40 degrees. dont waste your time, it doesnt look good, and it wont do what your trying to accomplish... beyond icing your intake system there will be no way to make it "run like its cold" because its not cold.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

nah i'm not going with the spacers, I got some washers just to prop it a little bit and not look too retarded. I know that it won't make a difference, but obviously I don't know as much as you guys, that's why I ask questions. I'm not acting like I know all about my car.
      protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaws View Post
        I know that it won't make a difference.....
        Then why do it?

Comment

because all the poor drifters do it.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

personally, when I see those hoods up in the back, it looks like the car had previously been in an accident and the body panels don't fit anymore.

On a turboed car, I can see vents in the right place, to get the hot air out of the engine bay and not soaking into the intake piping as much, but on an N/A car, unless your strut tower bar sits too high for the hood to close, there's no reason for it.

--sarge

Comment

But all the AE86 guys do it so it must be cool!
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

wrong!!!

see? mine is not done that way...

--sarge

Comment

280zx wheels, Zenki JDM bumper on the front, USDM on the back, and primer everywhere... why isn't it?

lulz.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine had the crappy blue interior
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                    Originally posted by HopelessCow
                    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                      280zx wheels, Zenki JDM bumper on the front, USDM on the back, and primer everywhere... why isn't it?

lulz.

hehe.. It was that way when I bought it. primer on the front half because of the RED rust-free doors and fenders that the previous owner had installed. He was getting it lined up to eventually paint, but then had a baby, and needed to sell the car. I got it with some JBlood sideskirts and rear bumper ready to put on and paint, but I'm getting the drivetrain in kickass shape before I start on the bodywork.

New 4.778:1 ring and pinion, kaaz 2-way LSD, and the engine's getting fully rebuilt. New OEM 10:3:1 pistons, fully balanced rotating assembly, 8lb9oz chromoly flywheel, new valves, bronze guides, new oil/water pumps.

I've got a set of 14x7 Konig Rewinds for wheels, with some 225/50-14 Hoosier A3S04 tires for autoX.

Eventual Megasquirt, and head and cam work, but I'm leaving that alone until later, I want to get some good seat time before I do too much. I was out-driving guys in 400+whp STI's at a ~2-mile track last year, before the oil pump gave way. Not too shabby for having 216,000 miles on the bone stock 112hp (when new) engine...

Anyway, to keep the thread from becoming hijacked about a Toyota: I always wanted to make some sort of vents between the strut towers and the firewall, exiting through the fenders (kinda like z3 fenders) to keep the underhood temps down on hot lapping days. never got around to doing it though.

--sarge
                      Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 07-07-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

J.Blood kits are teh sex.

Rewinds look good, but Longchamps Xr4s matched with Advan A3As are the ultimate combo win.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

i have to locate the article again but i did read once that spacing the hood was an inexpensive and relatively easy alternative to purchasing a ventilated hood or bumper, the logic being was that it would allow otherwise turbulant, hot air under the hood to diffuse via the base of the windscreen allowing cooling at high speeds, but hey don't go getting any cracked windscreens trying the stuff out, besides i don't have a need for it, atleast not yet

Comment

Working...
                          X