A/C without power steering questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C without power steering questions.

I've been contiplating hooking A/C back up lately cause when it rains it sux because I have the windows up and the windows fog....roll them down and get wet. I don't want power steering though. I've heard of a ps delete pully on a 323 would cure the belt problem but finding 1 like that is probably like finding a virgin in a whore house. So I post these questions.

1: How can I tighten the belt without a ps pump?

2: if I hit the jy and grabbed everything(lines,pumps,condenser,ect) and put it in my car do I have to bring it to the a/c shop to have it converted to r134 or can I get 1 of those conversion kits from the auto parts store since its basically been drained out already.

I probably have more questions but this is all I can think about right now.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Could you possibly just gut the PS pump and put it back on so it's basically a big idler pulley? I've heard of folks in here doing that and I think someone posted instructions for how to do it right. That would allow you to keep using the stock belt and stuff.

Comment

Thought about that but in the future I want a nice turbo setup and I'm afraid that will get in the way.
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the ac set up would be more in the way than the tiny power steering pump not attached to anything.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

option A is find a 323 with AC and the idler gear inplace of PS pump

option B tell me to find one cuz AC is standard on everything down here and ive seen 3

option C is gut or have someone (i would do it) gut a PS pump for you and use it as an idler pully
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
            option B tell me to find one cuz AC is standard on everything down here and ive seen 3
            I have 1 other person looking. If you find one hit me up. I'll pm you my number so if you do find 1 I can let you know if I got it.
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post

1: How can I tighten the belt without a ps pump?
              Gut the ps pump or slim it do so it will function like a idler pulley.

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              2: if I hit the jy and grabbed everything(lines,pumps,condenser,ect) and put it in my car do I have to bring it to the a/c shop to have it converted to r134 or can I get 1 of those conversion kits from the auto parts store since its basically been drained out already.
              You can convert it yourself, as far as the valves. You will need a new dryer because of moisture and seals. The shop will vacuum the system down then add PAG oil then r134. If you dont have access to a A/C machine this wont be cheap.
              Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

it cost me 130 to evacuate the system and have it recharged with 134a. Not to mention the two times before where the shop used ****ing DIY autozone freeon cans. Needless to say I was not happy with either shop and will not go back. Do it right the first time it will be hella cheaper. I should have asked if they had a vacuum machine proir to letting them work on the ac. Lesson learned
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                |.....Overnight....................| ||
                |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

you'll have to change out the a/c components under your dash too Chris, if it's still there that is. it'll definately have issues since it's seen winters, rains, and salt. assides from that check ebay, there's sometimes the delete kit you're looking for.

JACK.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Maybe I should say fk it. Just seams like too much of a hassle
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

slacker
                      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                        slacker
                        I have another project I'm working on and did a little to today
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

you boost that bitch yet?

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                            you boost that bitch yet?
                            Close
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

you have 3 weeks left to the day for the deadline

Comment

Working...
                              X