WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF *yelling*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF *yelling*

MAN this is frusterating... i should be starting my car right now but im looking for damn parts, waiting for a crappy battary to charge for the cordless drill so i can finish my brackets for my intercooler and coil mount.

Not to mention I cannot find my oil feed tube, why is it off the turbo you ask? while insult to injury, when my cousin snapped my 20 dollar banjo bolt he took it off to extract the bolt from the block... now I cannot find it ANYWHERE! its 30 bucks from mazda for the b6t one and its a special order part so i would be waiting 4 days and i would have to pay up front. I am SO frusterated right now i could kill something *looks over at pooch* never mind im not that mad, but if i see any spiders they are toast!

I was excited to drive the car to work tomorrow as i keep telling the guys at work "almost", hell im excited just to get it out and rattle the neighbors houses for a quick trip around the block. but no, im looking high and low for something that should have NEVER been removed from the turbo AND im going to and from the parts store because im so flustered i cannot even get everything when its on the damn list.

some day this ish will be over and running and I will be the ONLY ONLY ONLY damn person who turns a single wrench under the hood

Edit: for a little comic relief, i thought when you did all caps it automaticly made it lower case... thats why i put *yelling* at the end of the title, now it just means im saying it louder than yelling
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

wow..that really sucks..im sure a lof of us know how you feel to..theres so many times i can remember going back and forth and then thinking its almost done...and then you have to wait longer..good luck with everything
    This is lolZz

Comment

Originally posted by Empire932 View Post
      wow..that really sucks..im sure a lof of us know how you feel to..theres so many times i can remember going back and forth and then thinking its almost done...and then you have to wait longer..good luck with everything
      Yup, I had my BPT sitting at my brother's shop for months before he had a chance/space for my car to go in there and for us to do it. Then in the middle of that, I had to buy a clutch and wait for it over Christmas/New Year's - holidays annoy the hell out of me when I have stuff in transportation. Then the wiring mess.

It's worth it though. Hopefully you can find that oil feed line, get your car together, and have no problems. Just be patient!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Hit a jy real quick. The mx6/probe's had the same banjo bolt. Or hit up an autoparts store and get a GM brake line bolt. They are the same thread pitch and all. Just you'd have to drill the hole on the side all the way thru to the other side. It's a little short but was told that the length is fine.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Turpro; 07-20-2008, 08:43 AM.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yeah i already got my banjo bolt now my entire oil feed hard line is missing ...

btw my day ended just as ****ty as it started... im glad that day is over, hopefully i can move on and get this thing back together!

Comment

its obviously not meant to be... just need to start saying for sure ill be taking the volvo to the meet and maybe then the car gods ive obviously pissed off might go onto their next victim and leave me to get the protege together.

I got all the fluids in the car today got her on all fours, FOUND THE HARD OIL FEED LINE!!!! not only that but i got the fmic setup to fit perfectly... seemed like it was going TOO smooth. sure enough, i rolled it out of the garage, it took ALOT of effort just to push it. didnt really think anything of it till i went to put it back into the garage and I could barely get it to move up the like 1% grade up into the garage. i looked down (i had the hood up and was pushing on the core support and it was turning the motor over. i checked to make sure i was out of gear and sure enough, i must have screwed something up when i put that 5th gear on, i think its stuck in 5th gear as i dont think i would have the man power to turn over any other gear. and insult to injury what happens after that??? SNAP my timing belt broke .

Ive lived in the nw my whole life, im used to the rain but this monsoon of bad luck is making me hate my life!

the only good thing about the situation is i have another good tranny i dont even need to waste my time dickin around with this piece of crap.

Comment

DAmn bro sorry to hear about it. But for me, if i ran in this type or situation i know , that the car is going to run strong! and if everything went in smoothly with no problem somethings wrong something will either brake down or something is not in right.... but in the end itll be a Nice feeling once u finish it . Good luck on that
              My Toys =D

Comment

what kills me is im really on limited funds, i go back to school full time in the fall and somehow have to work enough hours to cover bills and food (my wife covers the mortgage and a little extra). I just today dumped 30 dollars worth of gear lube into the trans that will now have to be dumped out. I dont know if im going to just repull the whole motor or if ill just drop the trans out the bottom... then on top i get to do a damn timing belt again (did i say i was on a tight budget)

not only that but what makes my missing box of intake plumbing even more rediculously crazy is i just realized it had both of my tips for my exhaust in it too... this had to be like a 60lb box with nothing else in it... now my 3" exhaust only goes to the rear suspension.

Im thinking i just need to let this damn thing sit for a month and come back to it, this is making me a very grumpy person, then my wife comes in and is like "this is horrible, what in the world is going on, nothing is going right" and it just makes my blood boil. Im tired of being angry, im sick of being frusterated, and this car is doing it all to me.

Comment

*SIGH*

well of course as with this entire build there still is some bad with the good FORTUNATLY there is a bit more good than bad (or at least the bad has not set in all the way). I was able to get the 5th gear cover off by just loosening the driver side mount and the front of the lower cross member... then i found when i loosened the primary and secondary shaft lock nuts the transmission started shifting. I scratched my head for a while because the tranny would lock up way before the nut was tight enough. Hand tight it would lock up. so i took the 5th gear off and started fresh. shortly there after i saw one of the blocking rings was broken. I think i put the syncro on backwards the first time i put it together and tried ripping it down with the impact wrench, and im assuming that is when i did the deed. i grabbed another ring from the 4wd tranny and reassembled and its working great now!!!

to the bad, it seems like every day that goes by i remember more and more stuff that i put in that missing box... not only were the tips for my exhaust missing but my entire downpipe and 3" flex pipe section is missing too... so ill recap what all my dumbass some how managed to loose in a tiny house knowing full and well the importance of the parts...

-1/2 of my exhaust that i have like 750 dollars into running and modifying (the 1st 1/4 and the back 1/4th.
                  -jdm intake manifold w/ throttle body attached
                  -intercooler plumbing.

so now my 750 dollar exhaust is nothing more than a useless mid section, my intercooler piping cost me 370 dollars to get a rbperformance fmic kit, and FORTUNATELY i had an extra intake manifold but that doesnt make it any easier to swallow the money i could have made selling it.

Im just happy im just about at ground zero again, i picked up a timing belt today which shouldnt take me more than like 30 minutes to throw on and get back together. not to mention my father in law is used to race cars ALL the time, he has a reynard (open wheel powered by a 2.3l ford) and a MGB that is completely gutted and caged. His nephew died like 8-10 years ago (wifes cousin) just a freak something, he was a healthy kid, running around the track at the school with weights practicing for a fire fighting test and he collapsed right infront of his dad, dead, doctors couldnt figure out why it happened. well it hit him REALLY hard, hes put on a TON of weight and his body is falling apart. SO i asked him to help me make a flange for the outlet on the compressor and he is ALL over it, to the point of he actually ran out to get the metal... It feel awesome to do stuff with him, my dad was FAR from a car guy and still scratches his head when i talk about my car dreams.

Comment

Working...
                  X