No announcement yet.

The Protege Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like its coming along nicely! What door panel are you looking for?
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I'd like to see some pics when you finish up. Keep up the good work
      in need of a drop, and a BP.

this is one 323, you dont wanna mess with

Comment

i'm going to post a WTB in the sale section shortly, i need a TAN 93 or 94 LX door panel.. with slanted master controls for the windows. i TRUTHFULLY need this and would offer 50 bucks for something MINT with shipping.. thats what it's worth to me, honestly. definately coming along nicely.. a little annoying in this cold (15 degrees most of today, and now down to 9 and snowing). this is NOT a project for the feint of heart, but i can safely say, i haven't bitten on more than i can chew. also, look for a nice lil ol how to on removing your rear dash panel and replacing speakers .
        peace

Comment

welp, looks like i've won the floor mats, going down to pick up an alternator and some fairly nice tan carpet off wil on tuesday, gotta pick up some back dash fasteners/clips out of the junkyard, hopefully a door panel as well, and i should be set. my sound deadening project has taken a halt until i can afford a day off to do this crap on my car, but so far, weather, work, and lack of new carpeting have kept me from being able to continue working on my car. i finally picked up a set of rims off of dave (cablemirc) and hopefully i'll be able to find some new speakers soon. will post pics once everything is finished on the interior.
          peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
            Progress on a great car.

You give me inspiration to fix mine up, I just need to bondo my rear doors and rear fenders to get rid of the miniscule dents, and replace the front fenders and hood... But I have a more serious problem; one night while drinking at the beach, some drunk ran over my car and dented the hood to ****. I can't get the dents to come out due to my cat sleeping on it and the pressure of the doors making them pop back in.

Anyway to fix the roof, or am I screwed to just sit with this ****ty condition? =(

Comment

honestly, go to ANY local autobody shop and ask for a business card for who they outsource for "Paintless Dent Removal".. you MAY have some luck with them.. eitherwise, it's just bondo, resanding and repainting for ya even so, they'd have to take out the headliner to accomplish that, but you never know.. don't use pop's a dent or whatever aftermarket 'do it yourself' dent removal products are available until you consult these guys.. and even so, you'd be better off just getting it filled and repainted. thats my word on it
              peace

Comment

Yes I definetely have "dent in my roof" syndrome as well
                1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

well the sound deadening has yet to be touched in 2 weeks, as i've got a bunch of mechanical issues to solidify (most of you know of this). but so far, the new parts are as listed:
                  new alternator
                  new ps belt
                  new alt belt
                  new tranny pan gasket
                  new torque converter gasket (have to check on that one)
                  new redline atf fluid
                  new tranny fluid filter
                  new axle
                  new ractive rear strut bar (cheap, but effective)
                  oil change
                  new/used tan carpet (thanks to wil thanks bro)
                  new third gen grey floor mats (don't match, don't fit, but better than what i've got for now)
                  new alpine type-s speakers for the fronts
                  new delphi XM tuner (basically, the first part of 4 parts needed to get XM satellite radio)
                  some other exterior goodies that are still a suprise for the end (no, i wouldn't dream of putting a body kit on this thing, sorry)

these are either being done as we speak, on their way here, or are just depending on when i have a chance to install them. the front pass door still has to be deadened, the rear deck has to be deadened, the carpet foam needs to be installed.. yadda yadda yadda.. everything should be going as according to plan.
                  peace

Comment

Working...
                  X