1994 Mazda Protege Coolant Temperature Sensor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Mazda Protege Coolant Temperature Sensor Question

I have a '94 Protege DX. The coolant temperature sensor (or what I'm assuming is such) needs to be replaced. However, every parts catalog and auto shop on this earth carries the two-prong one, but mine seems to have only one prong....thus creating a bit of a problem on my end. Can anyone help me, or perhaps correct me in what I'm looking for? It's the sensor that plugs into the thermostat housing. It makes the fan turn on, and keeps her from overheating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm going crazy trying to figure this out!!

There is more than one coolant sensor on the car. One to kick the cooling fan on, one to send a signal to the gauge and one to send the signal to the ecu.
    BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

There's a button at the top of the screen that says "search" it really helps. This topic has been discussed on so many occasions.

But to answer your question the 1 on the thermostat housing is the 1 that controls the fan is called a radiator cooling fan thermoswitch
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Good thing u told him Turpro, 'cause I was gonna tell him...that's the one that generally breaks when you replace the thermostat...
        91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
        2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
        Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
        My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

thankyou

Thanks

My temperature guage is working fine, and I havent replaced the thermostat yet. It's sitting in my car ready to be installed, though. I figured I'd do the two at once.

Any idea where to find these parts online?

Comment

Mazdapartsonline.co(?) or just go to an autozone or something.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I broke the cooling fan switch wire when I replaced the thermostat, will that cause the car to sputter and smoke after driving it a lil

Comment

Working...
              X