How much did you pay for your 1st Gen pro?/Problem with AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 cdn
    had over 250km on it, now its at 290k in 7 months.

i want another protege...a dohc one, might buy one from the states and swap evreything over into a cdn dx since importing protege's from states is imposible
    Current Cars
    94 DX, 97 Corolla
    Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

i also have the 3rd gen 1.6 DOHC and i dont like it. it is stronger and everything but 1st gen is so much better, faster, its a fun machine!
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you discover go zoom-zoom
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

I paid $1750 @ 94k miles. Now, 105,595 mi.
        NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

i payed $700 with 140k.., nothing wrong with it.. untill a month ago hwen the alternator went.. but then again what do u expect wehn the car was sitting for like 4months and was started 5 times

Comment

lets not forget about the problem with my AC now ok? lol

Comment

I paid $1200 for my 90' LX about a year ago. 3 months after I bought it the tranny went out. So I put $900 dollars in a new tranny, clutch,and a turned down flywheel.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
              -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

ya,it loks sharp man

Comment

I traded a set of four 36" offroad mud tires (valued at about $650) plus $100 cash for my '91 LX with 100,360 miles on it.

I put in another $700 or so to get it in good shape for the road. Three months and 8,000 miles later, it's been great!

"Mazderati"
                  91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
                  Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
                  Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
                  AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

93 SE 5spd , 2000 CAD. i love this ****en car , it rapes civics ,
                    93 Protege 5spd SE 1.8 L SOHC

Comment

Mine was 1000 seemed like a great buy at the time but now I am running into problem after problem. Alternator died, new battery, tranny is leaking. Burns oil like a mofo. Back window seal blown so it leaks horribly, horn got stuck 2 days after I bought it. And many more horror stories.

Comment

Oh yeah forgot to mention that it was an odomoter roll back that I didn't know about and failed to read the papers I was signing well enough,....

Comment

about 8 grand for the 95 protege and 620 for the 323
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            it's not impossible... transport canada laws states that non-compliant cars from the US can be imported once they are brought into compliance... making a US 1st gen canadian legal is easy... 2 things must be done:

-add DRL... crappy tire addon kits will work
                            -remove passive (automatic) seat belts and convert to conventional manual seat belts
                            I thought the speedometer had to be changed too, so it was KPM/mph instead of MPH/kpm. Still, not a lot of work to do to import an LX.

my Protege 91 purchased last summer for $250 w/290k. Needed a rad, battery and trailing links. A/C doesnt work.

323 92 purchased new in 93 <$12,000. No A/C.

Comment

i got mine for free becasue it had a bad motor and 3rd gear was burnt up
                              i is dumb

Comment

i got mines for cheap had a bad motor and third gear was burnt up
                                i is dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X