Opinions on moldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on moldings

Tell me what you think of this simple strip of plastic that could affect appearance in some way. Maybe it won't to you.

(side moldings)
    Why touch them? They look good how they are.
    63.64%
    Take them off. Bare body looks better.
    27.27%
    This doesn't make a difference to me
    0.00%
    I don't give a ****.
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Opinions on moldings

i think both ways look good. i prefer to remove them best!

Comment

I like how they look actually, I say keep em.

Nick
      Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
      sigpic

Comment

i like how it looks with them gone and the hole where the used to be filled so the side of the car is smooth
        1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
        2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
        3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

I removed mine when i first got the car. makes it look very plain so i found GT moulding with the red strip in it
          1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

Originally posted by 94greenpro View Post
            I removed mine when i first got the car. makes it look very plain so i found GT moulding with the red strip in it
            Red stripe GT mouldings FTW!!!!! I'm acually considering grabbing red pin striping and doing them myself
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              Red stripe GT mouldings FTW!!!!! I'm acually considering grabbing red pin striping and doing them myself

i have the real deal ones. they even came with an actual protege gt

Comment

Yea I'd luv to get my hands on the real ones. Still would need the pin striping for the front and rear bumpers
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i wont be carrying them over when i gut the GT so there may be some available soon

Comment

I them personally.
                    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Keep em I think, I just removed mine in order to paint the body. As some have stated, once removed they look like something is missing, it doesn't look natural for the car.
                      1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
                      1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
                      1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

Comment

Oh ya, I really want the gt sides. I think I might just go with Chris and get some pinstriping. Would it be hard to get real GT moldings?

Comment

I was lucky enough to find the GT mouldings at the wreckers
                          1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

You can see the red under the yellow pin striping on my GT... yeah... leave them on...
                            91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
                            2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
                            Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
                            My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

i want to have a jy find like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X