BP Engine Won't Start *Help Wanted*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP Engine Won't Start *Help Wanted*

OK so I attempted to start my mx3, with the bp swap, for the first time tonight.
    Unfortunately, it did not start but the engine did turn over nicely.
    I have the discharge line in the passenger's side and the intake on the driver's side.

I'm not sure if my vacuum hoses are connected properly or my fuel lines, but could that be the reason for no fuel in the lines at all?

Sorry, i'm a noob at this!

thanks

is the vaf connected?, both fuel lines on a mazda BP are on the passenger side of the motor , is this an egt bp? post some pics of the fuel rail. the filter feeds the line closest to the intake . the return line is the one closest to the valve cover.
    in the diag box jumper gnd with fp and turn the key on .. you should get fuel

Comment

the bp is out of a 93 egt. Is there and wiring that connects to the engine somewhere that sends a signal to turn the fuel pump on?

I'll take some pics tomorrow of the set up.

Comment

yes the vaf tells the pump the motor is running and turns the pump on , have a friend move the flap with his hand while the key is "on" and you should hear the pump run. the pump will usually run with the key on just long enough to prime otherwise

Comment

tried again tonight but still no fuel coming out of the lines. Should i be able to hear the pump running? I guessing its either the pump is bad or something electrical is messed, but i have no idea on how to figure that out.
          The fuel pump did work fine before the swap.

Comment

ok get a paper clip .. in the diag box on the firewall jump gnd and fp and turn the key on. you should hear the fuel pump come on

Comment

if i used teh clip in diag box and pump came on whats wrong wit it? relay is good? what about teh "plug" on fuel pump base? which is i think its teh problem!!! i m buyin another proto for parts or swap my bp into that 1?
              swapping into another shell!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_turbo'd View Post
                if i used teh clip in diag box and pump came on whats wrong wit it?
                If the pump turned on, the pump is good. Did you check the VAF meter? Are you sure fuel is the problem?
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

does it start with the paper clip IN ... if so look @ a bad vaf or wiring to the vaf

Comment

ok so today i bought a 92 proto i took my f/p base out teh red ones and tried it out in my blue one but teh plug is different i was like fawk i never would get my blue ones run i m noob, i already tried 2 different vaf's its prolly wiring?????????

Comment

did you make sure all the lines r hooked up right? do you here the pump when you turn the key to the on position (b4 you crank.) if not then replace the relay.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                      Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                      price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                      Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

i ve tried 2 different relays and 3 different vaf's there should be shorting somewhere i hate electric stuff includes stereo **** LOL

Comment

Hey so i did get fuel pumping finally. Turns out i had forgotten to plug in some wires off the harness to the fuse box.
                          However the engine still won;t start do to a major timing issue. I have removed timing belt and am now trying to align the cams and crank.
                          One of the cams is really hard to rotate but the other is alot easier. Is this a bad thing?
                          Oh and i did remove the cover and spark plugs to make it easier.

Comment

Working...
                          X