No announcement yet.

Saw a "real" Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are euopean saftey standards higher than the U.S. standards?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the headlights dont get yellow if u take care of em, i wetsand mine and wax em wiht regular car wax atleast 1or 2 times a month, they stay clear. I also got Sylvania Silverstar Headlights. they are HYPER WHITE bulbs, EuroSpec, Came in all Japanese and European cars stock. not like the damn xenon peiece of ****s that are dim and retarted. The Silverstars Brighten up the roadway alot. Adivse you all to try them. I saw a difference atleast.....
      Maroon 1995 Probe SE
      Beige 1994 Protege DX
      Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

maz94protege:

You're full of it. No matter how often you clean your headlights, they will degrade in quality over time. I'm sure you will instantly be able to tell the difference between your lights and a brand new pair (or better yet, glass).

Also, Sylvania Silverstars are only about 20% brighter than a standard bulb. The blue coating on the bulb filters out almost all yellow light, leaving a whiter (higher color temperature) light. Most people perceive "whiter" as "brighter" and claim a huge difference in brightness. However, there is no data to support the idea that a whiter light increases visibility.

The sad fact about Sylvania Silverstars is that because that blue coating robs so much of the light coming from the filament, they use a filament that will be overdriven. This way, it is bright enough to be legal (in fact, up to 20% brighter than standard.) This has the unfortunate side effect, however, of causing the bulb to burn out quickly. Silverstars don't usually last more than a year or so, and considering they cost an arm and a leg (and you always have to buy two), that gets pretty expensive.

Sylvania Silverstar, a bulb that you can only find in the United States, is "EuroSpec" and came stock and European and Japanese cars? No.

Just so you know I'm not talking about my ass, I'm using Sylvania Silverstars right now. Are they brighter? Yes. Are they bright enough? Sure, as long as you don't plan to drive at night.

There aren't a lot of bulb choices in the 9004 size (a sadly underpowered bulb that for some reason is still used.) Supposedly, Osram Silverstars can be found in 9004, but as of yet I have not. Sylvania Xtravision are supposedly just as bright as Sylvania Silverstars, but not as white. However, they are cheaper, and won't burn out quickly.

The best way is to get E-spec headlights.
        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Maybe the person was trying to make it look "US Spec" as possible, by putting on the badges and stuff.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
          X