My pair of stupid...[lots of pics 56k=death]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pair of stupid...[lots of pics 56k=death]

First are pics of my old LX after the accident. Fixable I think, but has some chassis damage. Let me know what you guys think.

Last pics are of my new Black 94 LX auto....kind of a beater.

Old 92 chassis damage

Passenger side EDM headlight and corner gone...Hood all messed up

Peek at some light chassis damage

right fender bent out of shape...

New 94 piece of crap....

Severe rust damage on sunroof (might replace with the glass panel from last LX)

Crap interior

Auto LX...

How do I go about fixing chassis damage like this? I've already got replacement fenders, a bumper, headlights, corners, and a grill. From the looks of it I might have to replace all the coolant related things, power steering, and battery (for some reason when the insurance company returned my car the car doesn't get any power, but nothing was disconnected...).

Also, the new LX I bought has some electrical issues. The auto seat belts only work when the car is on, the Sun roof only works when the car is in motion, and just recently the window wipers and electric windows didn't work for the entire drive but the next time I started it they worked again....I like for these things to work reliably, what could be the problem? Also it's speedo and odometer don't work....anyone have a LX auto speedo cable they wanna sell me?

Anyways, now I've got a spiffy project LX to work on and a piece o' **** to ride in.
    Last edited by AtmaEdge; 03-09-2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: Pic resize-sorry
    1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
    1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
    1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

could you resize the pics
    these are HUGE

Thanks
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

alls i see is GREEN!

Comment

Big Pics. Sucks about accident tho, at least ya got a new one!

Comment

Resized the pictures....sorry.

Anyways, any thoughts on the fixing the chassis? About how much would it cost to get something like that done? Is it possible to bang it out myself?

Comment

From this pictures don´t see how big are damages realy. You need to remove fender to to see how big are damages behaind it. If behind te fender is no damages then this car will be ride again after 1 day of work(plus painting time).
            My BG Familia FE3 project full spec and plans.

www.mazdasgarage.com/forum/ New mazda tuning forum

1/4 mile drag with BP DOHC engine:

Reaction: 0,5771 (not so bad)
            60 ft: 2,472 (good for conditions what was)
            ET: 16,2411 (but was heavy wind from front and custom intake was just compleated in nigt and setings was worst than bad )

Comment

is this 323 near you.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Nope that car is on Maui, a different island than the one I live on. I live in Oahu.

Comment

new rad support at least and straightening the pass side apron. that is not too bad and can be fixed. best to get it done by a shop with a frame rack just to be sure. the rest you can do yourself but if you keep it make sure that at least you are going to have a straight chassis
                  91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Good kine luck brah...
                    1992 Protege DX - 5 spd (bought new in '92)
                    1999 Tahoe LT - 2wd<---got IVANized now we have a 1999 Suburban LT
                    2005 Keystone Outback 21' TT
                    2007 Volvo S40
                    ~~~Hawaiian Style~~~

cardomain.com/memberpage/621985
                    cardomain.com/memberpage/643906
                    weedlesswillie.com

Comment

Sounds like you might have some bad/corroded grounds on the 94.
                      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

upper rad support is also need to make the front straighter. As far as the corner where part of the fender the used to cover the engine bay part of the front clip will be bent unless you can bend it back to a original oem look which takes skills all in all it is fixable you will ahve a better idea with the front end off
                        live everyday like its your last!!!!
                        90 DA9 project car
                        93 BG2: daily beast

Comment

You could replace the radiator support and bind back the frame rail if is slightly off.

Like this picture

Comment

It is a pity, but imho due to the crash was just in the radiator support and upper part of fender your frame girder is undamaged. And that's great! Just change hood, radiator support and fender.
                            I think, your 92 will run a good foot
                            ivan15 link is informative for this reason.
                            sigpic
                            1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Hey thanks for the advice. I haven't taken the fender off to have a look yet, but if the frame girder isn't damaged than I am in luck. When I finally take things apart later in the summer I'll definitely post up pics of the damage underneath and hopefully WIP repair pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X