Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring problems

i need some help my fuse keeps blowing, for tail, room and meter
    i dont even know a thing about testing and diagnosing the wiring i m also doing "trying" to wire tucking too (a wicked tuck) if anyone willing post a how to diagnosis the wiring with pics i ve been looking everywhere for what i m exactly looking for thanks guys
    swapping into another shell!

Don't waste your time "trying" to wire tuck if you need pointers on how to find a short and admit you don't know a thing about it... no its not easy or fun, but if you cannot find a short then your car will never run after you hack up the harness to hide it. I can assure you there will be other problems, opens, high resistances, shorts after you have hacked a harness up...

one thing I would do to start is look at a schematic, using the 3 fuses that are blowing look for a link... for example one one fuse it has power to the distributor, another fuse has power to the iac, and another has power to the tps... all of which run in the same harness for a period of time, that would be the portion of harness to look at...

if this stuff just happened all at once I would look for something obvious, like if you installed a stereo and got careless with wood screws holding things down, or you did something and misrouted a loom that got too close to something spinning or hot and melted through some wires.

you can take a test light and remove the fuse, stick the test light in series across the prongs where the fuse belonged in the junction block, so when the unintended grounding happens it doesn't pop a fuse but it turns the test light on indicating flowing electricity... with the test light setup, you start grabbing wiring and moving it around looking for the test light to illuminate, which would also indicate the short is in the vicinity of where you were shaking around.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

i ve done wire tucking before and btw i m only wire tucking the engine harness not chassis harness and the chassis harness is the problem!!! i had no problem with the engine harness HOPEFULLY i didnt mess anything up if i have to put them back the way it was cuz i marked them all whew and some of ground wires were not connected too tho i m trying to make it clean and all wires working properly cuz i took all tangled wires out that is in no use at all when my brother had it for tach signal i dont need another tach in my car

Comment

I think you need to ditch the motor or atleast the head. Go back to hydralic lifters and have a normal running bp before you start modding because its just going to go in the reverse direction if you dont get it running right.
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

yeah and luckily i got a extra bp in my red automatic lx i ve been thinkin about using that bp tho and work on the solid liftered motor btw i already took way to much parts off the red bp intake manifold tps pulleys etc etc i m in no hurry cuz i dont have license so i guess i got a time to finish with what i have in there?????? yeah its my only car but i m ridin bike no insurance or gasoline needed lmao

Comment

Thats good exercise.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
            X