No announcement yet.

Klze in a pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everything went perfectly and you had experience that would probably be enough time. However, having gone through swaps a few times, I know it will probably take you a bit longer than you think.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

oh i anticipate everything taking forever. lol

cuz murphy is ALWAYS on my side and he likes to fawk with me.

this swap wont be even starting to take place until beginning spring/summer 2011 but this being my first swap i want to get as much info cram my noggen with as much knowledge over the next year as possible. so when it comes time i can just boom boom boom git r done

Comment

Took me 4 months but I had a few more issues than the BG guys do. The engine bays changed a lot between BF and BG.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

In our engine swap section there's stickies on doing the swap. Go look. As for doing it in a weekend, just like ace said if you have experience and have everything you need you could do it in a weekend but remember things don't always go as planned.

Also for those interested I'm going to be grabbing an axle from bomdoutscort and seeing about making a hybrid dr side axle. If my calculations are correct, this axle should be around 1/2" shorter than a kia/mx3 axle so you can run the protege/323/egt suspension configuration. No need for lcas,subframe,ect
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

me and pile of rd1 did the swap in 3 days. it was running as a BP on friday. and it was running with a KL on monday.

you dont need the mx3 control arms. and on pile's protege they wouldnt even work, when there installed, the passenger side mx3 axle is too short and you have to physically pull it to match up to the hub. bad stuff. your car may be different though.

your gonna need all the mounts from a v6 mx3, along with the crossmember, shifter linkage, mid shaft, passenger side axle. and the KIA bp drivers side axle. the hardest part, and really the only thing that involves any work in figuring out a cooling system that fits, and works. we used a neon radiator, with a probe overflow tank/ burp tank. its far from perfect. but at least it doesnt overheat.
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

alright, well this plethora of information is golden.
              this still doesn't seem like a big enough job that i can't do in a weekend. my local PaP has "free" parts days during the summer months. where you pay a flat $50.00 to get into the yard and anything you can carry out is yours for no money, im thinking of hitting it up next year and pulling everything i need in one day then having the motor sit in a friends shed so i can do the plugs,wires,and whatever else to make sure it's tuned up ready to roar.

Comment

I'd pull everything x2 so you can have a spare.
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

you think that would be a good idea? i mean i got a windstar to haul it back in but damn lol

Comment

Working...
                  X