X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video is private???? ummmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
      I'll leave it up til I get out of work in the morning.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

i dont see the harm in leaving it up

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
          Sooo has anyone ever installed a GTX/GTR gauge cluster before? I'm going to be installing mine...but idk if the speedometer will be accurate...they only go til 180km/h while the USDM/CDM go to 230km/h...think there's a tooth count difference inside or something? I don't want to install my MPH speedo again...trying to avoid that all together lol.
          Yeah I used an MPH speedometer since I'm in the US. The tooth count is the same. I'd just use a local one.

There is a little black chip looking thing in the cluster next to the speedometer that seems to interpret the pulses for the gauge, so if it acts weird try changing that around.

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
          Man if that was on a 4wd that would be sick. It still is sick but traction is a huge factor. 4wd with LSD.
          Yeah, normal acceleration to boost threshold then BOOM! Shredded metal remnants all over the ground behind you.

I still want one.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

damn. missed the video
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Me too.
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

looks like no more videos til I figure out what I broke lol
                sigpic

Comment

Trying to not look into going turbo with the gt... Damn it hahaha
                  1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

The video was pretty cool!!

On a different note, I've been trying to get my timing belt job finished. Everything went in nicely, except stripped the water pump to inlet pipe bolt hole and now I'm pissed. Either I have to find a way to put in a bigger bolt and hope the problems gets solved, or take everything back out and retap the water pump bolt hole. FML!
                    Last edited by whistler; 10-19-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I fixed my miss with new ignition wires. Yay.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                        The video was pretty cool!!

On a different note, I've been trying to get my timing belt job finished. Everything went in nicely, except stripped the water pump to inlet pipe bolt hole and now I'm pissed. Either I have to find a way to put in a bigger bolt and hope the problems gets solved, or take everything back out and retap the water pump bolt hole. FML!
                        I've done that. I just used a helicoil, it worked fine and never leaked or anything.
                        sigpic

Comment

trying to take a left at an intersection, wound the car out a little in first, shifted to second and it made a loud pop like when it spits flames and then shut off completely. managed to coast into a parking lot, couldn't get it to fire back up. the car was cranking kind of funny, like the alternator died or something. got a buddy to meet me at the parking lot, pulled the timing cover back a little bit so I could check the belt while he cranked it over and saw a big chunk of metal jammed in the belt. not something I was gonna fix in the parking lot, so we used a tow strap and his GC to get the car back to another friend's house.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.
                          sigpic

Comment

dude, that sucks man!! what cud it be..hmmm.

I had washed mine few days back to have it ready to a meet and drive tonight will try to snap some pics n maybe some videos
                            Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                            99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                            01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Originally posted by 94greenpro View Post
                              Trying to not look into going turbo with the gt... Damn it hahaha
                              Haha!! "I want to keep it stock" isn't going to work out so well, is it? I've said that a few times myself lol

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                              pulled the timing cover back a little bit so I could check the belt while he cranked it over and saw a big chunk of metal jammed in the belt. not something I was gonna fix in the parking lot, so we used a tow strap and his GC to get the car back to another friend's house.
                              Oh lovely...I wonder wtf that could have been :/
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I'm wondering if I broke a cam gear.

I'll find out tomorrow.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X