This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CODY004WD View Post
    Lol, I did a transmission in a grocery store parking lot once. It was stupid, I'm not really a fan of random people, so many wanted to ask wtf I was doing, even more were staring in confusion or disgust. I just wanted to be left alone.

Today I stripped the wagon... Most of it at least. Tomorrow ill pull the 5-speed swap parts out of it for the hatch, then i'll load the years worth of useless car **** I've collected into the back of it, and send it to the junkyard.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can do it all again with the probe. At that point I'll have 4 cars instead of 6. That's when I'll combine the two miata' and be at a healthy 3 cars again. Geez.

I hear that.... i was down to 4 for a couple weeks after i sold the Celica and crushed the parts car MX6 which was a huge relief, and pretty much the perfect amount of cars.

Then in the last two weeks, i've bought two more cars.

HUUURRRRRRRR DURP DURP DURP

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
      did something, and as a result, figured something out.

this may not excite you, but it does excite me a little bit.

what i did: i greased my door locks bc i was twisting my key because of the resistance.

what i found out: if i turn the key back to the right, it will lock the doors.

thats huge. no more locking my keys in my car. i havnt done it in a while, but i do it atleast once a year.
      That is huge. I never lock my doors from inside.

If you turn the key to the left in the trunk, it may lock that so that the interior release lever will not work. I say it may because it may also be stuck to the point of breaking the key if you force it. So don't force it.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Does it unlock all the doors if you hold the key in the unlock position for a second? My BH does. Almost as convenient and remote locks.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
          That is huge. I never lock my doors from inside.

If you turn the key to the left in the trunk, it may lock that so that the interior release lever will not work. I say it may because it may also be stuck to the point of breaking the key if you force it. So don't force it.
          That's nice to know! That's one thing I missed about my 89 prelude was the interior lock on the trunk release! I will try this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
            Does it unlock all the doors if you hold the key in the unlock position for a second? My BH does. Almost as convenient and remote locks.

HTC Droid DNA
            On the BG LX Pro, when you unlock the ds door, all doors unlock automatically. I hate it sometimes if you try to make a quick getaway and someone is on the other side.

My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Comment

I hate it sometimes if you try to make a quick getaway and someone is on the other side.
              Huh? How often is that an issue?
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

On the BG LX Pro, when you unlock the ds door, all doors unlock automatically. I hate it sometimes if you try to make a quick getaway and someone is on the other side.

So no matter what if you unlock the driver's door they all unlock? My BH will unlock only the driver's door, but if you hold it just a second longer they all unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
                  Huh? How often is that an issue?
                  im a big jokester and that has ruined my jokes a few times.

And in a serious moment if you are trying to get a way from someone, it def would not help the situation if all the doors unlock and they realize it.

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                  So no matter what if you unlock the driver's door they all unlock? My BH will unlock only the driver's door, but if you hold it just a second longer they all unlock.
                  No matter. If you unlock the ds door, they all automatically unlock, all the time, every time.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if anyone has tried swapping in BH stuff. Unless it has more to with than just the locks.

Comment

I never realized unlocking all 4 doors was a bad thing lol
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

It would be if you're trying to escape a zombie apocalypse, lol.
                        Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

There is only 1 door unlock/ lock switch in the 1 st gens. It's part of the Ds actuator. Whatever you do to the Ds lock is duplicated on the other doors

Sent from my iPhone5
                          using Tapatalk

Comment

You can unlock the passenger side if you don't want to unlock all four doors. Or unplug the relay.
                            1990 Protege 4WD
                            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                            ├┼┤
                            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

after 3 months of the protege being off the road, finally got around to fixing it today. how ive missed it. i can still rev match through the gears perfectly haha

NW MAZDAS

Comment

found a very promising alternative for bilstein inverted montotube strut inserts that will work in mazda rear housings. with a certain degree of tweaking

super stoked!
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X