Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped out the clothless headliner in the Protege and moved some bits and pieces from the 323 as well; steering wheel, small trim pieces/covers that were missing etc. Pretty productive day.

Amazingly, I was able to salvage the majority of the stickers I had on the 323. Peeled off and still had enough tack to use on the sedan. Win!
    Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

warmed er up. im jsut eggin for a good week worth of rain so i can drive it on clean roads again.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Chaney View Post
        Ripped out the clothless headliner in the Protege and moved some bits and pieces from the 323 as well; steering wheel, small trim pieces/covers that were missing etc. Pretty productive day.

Amazingly, I was able to salvage the majority of the stickers I had on the 323. Peeled off and still had enough tack to use on the sedan. Win!
        I've been wanting to replace my headliner with a thin aluminum sheet of the same shape. Seems like it could be expensive and impractical. I guess I'll find out one day.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I ripped my head liner out a while ago. I can't say I really miss it. I'm sure it'll be noticed when I go to sell the car, so I guess I just won't sell it. lol I'd like to see a good solution though.
          1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
          1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
          2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
          1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

I don't want to take it out and leave it bare. I want some insulation from the radiant heat of the sun. I don't like being too hot.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
              I don't want to take it out and leave it bare. I want some insulation from the radiant heat of the sun. I don't like being too hot.
              As a Florida resident, I have to say it actually made the cabin feel more airy and not hot at all. Definitely not as musty and humid feeling. I saw no negative effects going bare roof with the 323 even in the dead of summer and I doubt I will with the Protege. Of course, the 323 is white and the Protege currently has a primer roof, so I'm sure that's helping the car stay cool.
              Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

I broke down and scrubbed the center console of the EGT today. Seeing as I will be transferring the dash and center/lower conolse to the wagon in due time, figured it was somewhat justified. Plus I hate driving a dirty car. Still might actually vacuum it. Darn thing needs it. and the carpet is HORRID!

Also swapped over the driver side mx3 recaro style from the wagon for the short time I'm driving it, and dear god I LOVE IT. been so long since I've driven the wagon, I forgot the feeling it gives you now. Amazing. Tempted to lower the steering column a couple of inches just to really get the feel, but it's almost pointless on the EGT since I don't plan on keeping it.

I noticed while in the drive-thru, the temp gauge was rising. got to about 3/4 before I finally took off, and once I got to driving about 35-40 again, it dropped back down to just about 2/5 again. Ideas? Normal?
                1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

No, that's abnormal.

I've been dealing with a Subaru that keeps loosing its coolant and overheating on highways. I suspect head gaskets, but I'd like to be wrong. Anyway, my brain hurts when I try to think about cooling problems now. Do your fans run as they should?
                  1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Comment

Worldhazard, your cooling fan isn't kicking on. Make sure the fan switch on the thermostat housing isn't broken. If it isn't, jumper the fan straight to the battery and see if it comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
                      Worldhazard, your cooling fan isn't kicking on. Make sure the fan switch on the thermostat housing isn't broken. If it isn't, jumper the fan straight to the battery and see if it comes on.
                      Thanks!!

I did just purchase a new Thermostat that I planned to install when I do the swap. May be beneficial just to drop it in now?
                      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

that is correct, save yourself a motor and get that thermostat in asap!. love wagons!
                        Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                        99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                        01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Well I pulled the Torsen diff outta the rallykar and installed the welded diff. Now I gotta replace an output shaft seal. I better get on that lil issue cuz I signed up to run this,

cuz it's like right down the hill from here and I can't pass that up...
                          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

mmmm rally
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

going to look a shell/donor this week...green 93 LX (Canadian LX lol) for a couple hundred...if it's decent, she'll be coming home with me and getting my BGs drive train and suspension. Figure I'll keep the exterior stock minus the MX-3 rims, and I'll flip the intercooler so the inlet/oulet are at the top and I should be able to keep the stock bumper....piping will suck tho lol
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

So are you gonna stick with the bg platform for a while?

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Working...
                                X