• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	11698575_10204670846231696_5336284245381787967_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1241271

putting in a new head unit and having it play nice with premium sound was not nearly as hard as TeamZX2 makes it sound.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

In attempting to make sure the LC1's analog output is properly configured for narrow-band simulation I've discovered I no longer own a laptop with a serial port.

I'm glad I noticed this before installing it.I guess I can drag my PC outside if push comes to shove.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I got some serial-to-USB joint from Staples that worked pretty well when I had my LC1/MSPNP, was relatively cheap too.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd prefer to not use an USB intermediary if at all possible. I suppose my old world stance on com to USB controller latency/throughput is unfounded though.

As long as I'm not data-logging **** wouldn't matter either way.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

With the bus speeds of newer computers, there shouldn't be an issue with that. I specifically use an IOgear usb/serial adapter for working with routers/switches/UPSes, and I've also used it to interface with the diypnp MS setup in my buddy's '82 Camaro with dual gen5 m90's.

worklog
            323: fixed the exaust last fall, drove it a few times, heater core's plugged again, too cold to drive in winter, parked mostly. drove it across town last week.
            95 Wagon: still parked with a bunch of parts in the back, and the engine in the garage.
            90 4WD (blue): still parked in the garage, I need to finish the windshield bodywork, put the stupid thing back on the ground, and drive it.
            90 4WD (gray): still on jackstands in the garage with the Mazdaspeed LSD in the rear and the engine/harness yanked and ready to re-wire. Might end up doing the GT-Four drivetrain swap since the rear crossmembers are nearing completion, and I seem to be doing anything at a snail's pace these days.
            92 MX3 GS: sold off some parts for a racecar build (Racerboy). just waiting my extraction of the steering and some suspension to put on the 323. Saw some guys at LSPR last year running an MX3, I was going to see if they wanted the shell, but I never got their contact info.
            85 744tic: in storage. needs air in the tires, and fuel line replaced. kinda unsafe to even start up with the amount of fuel hemmorhaging out.
            98 OBS: 245K, still running strong, no leaks except for a tiny exhaust leak due to salty road conditions. Might have to swap in a 2.5 at the same time as a fresh exhaust. but I hate to take out a perfectly running and reliable engine.
            04 SV650s: drove it to work, but I tweaked my back so riding hurts after awhile. Washed it before the Slimey Crud Run this spring.
            01 GS450L: moved a carb from a box to my desk in the house. I'll eventually disassemble, clean, and put in new o-rings.
            78 Murray 20" bmx: aired up the tires, did some brake skids.

in other words, I've been one lazy guy for the last several years!!!

--sarge

Comment

If you start a lazy guy club, I'll join it.
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

In my last experience with com/serial to USB it was more a problem of packet loss than bus speeds. I'm sure a bulk of the issues was me setting up something wrong at the time. But I never had any problem previous when I'd used it with my every I/O on the planet thinkpad.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

no more AE86, Sarge?
                  sigpic

Comment

Today I bought my BG a turbo, dump pipe, exhaust manifold, and ecu.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
                    ClubProtege

Comment

put a new battery into the 323.
                      raised it 25mm in front 10mm in the back. (its definitely P.R. status right now) I don't think it'll scrape with a full trailer load now tho. and 16" wheels fit in the front without scraping too.

used it to pull out an evergreen bush, then used it to trailer all of the bunk from removing it to the local yard waste site.
                      felt pretty damn nice to drive it again. altho it needs a certain cleaning....
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ground the rust off the inside of the hood and threw some paint on it. Still need to touch it up, but satisfied with how it turned out.

Name:	IMG_20150702_221217.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1241284

Comment

I rubbed her and told her it's all gonna be alright. The big mean fat man wasn't going to touch her ever again. We cried together over her blown speakers and burned out dome light.

ClubProtege

Comment

Today we cried together some more. It's going to take a lot of special time for her to get over the big mean fat man. She's embarrassed because he made her sound like crap and she knows it.

ClubProtege

Comment

Got my 550cc injectors and installed them with a new fuel filter. Made quite a difference actually!
                              Mazda
                              1988 Black 323 GT
                              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Today we replaced our valve cover gasket, intake hose, spark plugs, air filter, dome light bulb, door switch, got our a/c running, and hit 53k miles.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436065176512.jpg
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	1241287

The shop told me they couldn't test the a/c for leaks because the a/c clutch relay was bad and wouldn't turn the compressor on. They said they couldn't get the relay until Monday. They lied. I got home and tested the relay, filled it with freon, and it's holding pressure and blowing ice cold. They charged me $50 for a diagnostic fee.

And I'm assuming this is what spark plugs from 1993 look like.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436065238988.jpg
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	1241288
                                ClubProtege

Comment

Working...
                                X