Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killed my lower charge pipe T-bolt clamp (over used/stripped threads) so--- replaced that.
    • Finally threw on the traction bar.
    • Tightened up the front swaybar endlink/ checked the rears(ordered 3/8" cone spacers for the heims)
    • checked the fluids.
    • started to build a 3" & 3 1/8" boost leak tester
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

LOWered the Daily Driver

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1601.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1232777

Name:	IMG_4817.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1232778

Name:	IMG_5797.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1232779

Comment

Putting the dash back together and remounting ECU and fuel pump relays, to attempt to get the ralycar ready for Idaho this...coming...weekend
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          that car is slick!!
          Thanks. Which one?

(I'd like to think both. Ha.)
          '94 Protegé DX

Comment

a few days old. but here is the latest

Comment

1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

That blows
                sigpic

Comment

are you o.k ??? that sucks man..

Comment

Nooooo! Hope you're doing alright. That sucks.
                    Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

Whos fault hope your good
                      sigpic

Comment

Had to do some rewiring. Street car has a miata ignition system, since it's running a miata Link standalone. The coil is an old HK$ unit and the plug/socket is on a foot long tail instead of having the socket be right on the body of the coil. So last night is started running on 2 cuz one of the supply leads to the coil broke inside the insulation... right there where it disappears into the coil. So i got to dif some rubber outta the areas, expose just enough cunductor to solder a new lead on, secured the new wire to the coil so the joint can't move, and golly, it runs smoother than it has for awhile. I spect mpg will go back up, it's been down 2-3 for the last couiple months...
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

Damn, thats ****ty chad. Hope your ok and insurance doesn't bone you.
                          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                          VF10 powered!
                          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Ain't having as bad a time of it as Chad, but have to pull out of rally idaho. Rallycar is not cooperating. Starter's been noisy since the trans swap, and replacing it didn't make the noise go away. But it's looking like the adapter plate has the starter located not quite right. Flywheel teeth are bad, real bad. We gotta go in there and see what the heck's going on and ain't no way to get that done between now and Thursday.

So instead I guess I'll install that Corksport GTR downpipe that just showed up, on the ol' street car.

Comment

oh snap you bought one of those jay? lmk how much the downpipe helps, ive been on the fence about gettin one

NW MAZDAS

Comment

****ty buzz Chad, I hope you're alright.

I loaded 4 empty beer kegs in mine to return to the beer store. Kinda funny pulling keg after keg out of such a small car in the beer store parking lot.
                                sigpic
                                1992 Familia GT-X
                                1988 323 GTX
                                2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X