No announcement yet.

Starting Mods on my 1991 LX, need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP engine + custom manifold + larger injectors/pump + t3/t4 hybrid + haltech + 3" exhaust + boost controller + ACT clutch + LSD + mazdaspeed struts + whatever brand springs + darryl's suspension goodies + nice 15", 16", 17" wheels (your choice) + falken azenis + nice seats + Short throw shifter

Whatever is leftover, buy a cheap used motorcylce and still be faster
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

so my mom had the car looked over by a mechanic friend of the family to see if it would even hold together after we put the money into it. And the bastard managed to convince her that a jasper motor would be best. It sucks but the warranty is worth it IMO. I'm going with the mazdaspeed struts and h&r springs from corksport. we'll see how much money is left over after they're in the car...
      Last edited by cannonprotege; 02-23-2004, 03:00 PM.

Comment

i'd rather do a BPT swap than a KLZE swap if I had to do it again.

BPT = 950 plus shipping including ecu and harness from alljapaneseengines.com
        Installation maybe costs 1000-1500
        other bull**** you might need to get motor running = ~800

then get some rims w/tires = 800-1000
        lower the car w/struts = 400ish
        MX3 seats = 50-100

After that, your car will be pretty pimp
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

buy a 12 second 5.0
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
            i'd suggest saving for this.

the lx is nothing compared to what you see there.
            I about **** my pants when I saw that. Damn nice find. Everyone has give you good ideas, best thing to do is decide what you want as far as what purpose the car will serve to you. Wether it be AutoX, Daily driver, or track car.
            Last edited by D323; 02-23-2004, 03:20 PM.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
            X