Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

323 BG Automatic Seat belt Recall replacement!!! LOOK here if you havent fixed them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 BG Automatic Seat belt Recall replacement!!! LOOK here if you havent fixed them!

I know this would probably belong in the Interior/Exterior portion but i want everyone who has BG automatic seat belt to have some FINAL RELIEF of these pesky rails and poor motors..Anyways moving on. If you haven't searched about the seat belt not working issue then you are reading the right thread. The first Gen BG have had a recall ( Since 1998) for replacement of the rails and motors. Because the seat belts webbing causes the belts to malfunction and being a safety hazard. The recall is applied for up to 25 years for all America model BG's. All you have to do is call the Mazda headquarters(1-800-222-5500) and give them your make model and VIN of your car and if your bg is from 88-94 then it can be replaced FOR FREE due to federal regulations for safety of driver and passengers. It may be a hassle for them to find your parts but its SOOOO worth the wait. It feels great when i went to pick my car up from the dealership and finding out that mazda spent 1500 dollars to find the parts and i had to pay NOTHINGGGGGG.

The recall for the seat belts:http://www.automd.com/recall/campaign_c12763/

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions just send me a quick message and i will get back to you as soon as possible.

i've thought about getting some bad ones from the jy & going in just to get fresh brand new replacements for future use
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i would get brand new ones and then pic up a set of JY ones cause sooner or later the JY are gonna get rid of whatever pre 95 cars.

Comment

the funny thing is that the MX-3 was a NHTSA recall so they are covered under a LIFETIME recall, but the others are not.
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Do they replace the worn out webbing too?

I am a little afraid of taking it 50 miles away with no ride home and having them hit me for for $500 for a stupid belt that I "have" to have to satisfy the "free" fix.

FRM

Comment

only bad tracks, i.e. stuck in the track
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Does anybody know where to find the federal lifetime warranty act in writing on seat belts that covers all vehicles?

Comment

As for the Belts the recall doesnt cover the belt itself. My driver one is frayed and they gave me the option to replace them but they couldnt even find the parts. The Recall specifies the Track and the Motor. if the motor fails or the rail is messed up then they will fix it. The 323 recall is good for up to 25 years of the model of 323 and only in america.

Comment

And Ivan you just have to find a database that has recalls for all vehicles and see if your car is listed. The federal limits up to 25 years then after that a car is considered a classic and seat belts are no longer required.

Comment

And also Gofanu i seriously doubt they can even find the seat belt to even replace yours. and unless its seriously about to break then i doubt they will make a fuss about it. They spent 2 grand buying back the rails and motors from some antique car parts store that Mazda sold them to Years ago to fix mine.

Comment

Thanks for all that. I've got two cars actually dead driver's side. So I unplugged the computer and we do it manually. Of course, daughter's car has bad webbing too. Keep meaning to change it but was thinking about this recall.
                      OTOH, if they don't work at all, I'd be more inclined to change them to something that does and is a lot less annoying and doesn't try to kill you if you reach in and turn the key ON to check something! Or grab your bags when you are getting out.

FRM

Comment

Yup! Got mine done about 2 years ago! For free!

Comment

got mine done about 1 yr ago. took em a couple days to get the parts left he car with em for the day. i helped em out and took the trim off for them so they didnt break em, which they were very grateful for it. took em only 10 min to do the job.
                          1991 Mazda 323 "Sh1tbox" BP Swap, Beater
                          1991 Mazda 323 "Sh1tbox v3.23" KL Swap
                          1993 Mazda Protege DX "Baby Hauler"

Comment

pffft they broke my ****ing trim though. on one side and cracked the other. said i couldnt help them for insurance reasons.....

Comment

I tried this last year, and I even took the paper in for the recall, and they wouldn't warranty it. And my DS seat belt was stuck in the track, halfway.

After going back and forth for two weeks, I finally spent the money and got some manuals from Canada.
                              My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Working...
                              X