Having tranny problems ANY HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having tranny problems ANY HELP

Was up everyone I have a 93 protege dohc but my tranny is acting up n I figured out why, I just recently purchased the car n figured out yesterday that there's motor oil where the transmission oil should be at so I'm going to flush the transmission oil n change the filter but I CAN'T FIND WHERE IT'S AT? Does anyone kno where the transmission filter is? Idk if its inside the tranny or on the outside. Any help will help me out alot thanks.

Auto or 5 sped??

Comment

if its an automatic & they put regular oil in it..... then your transmission is destroyed & you'll need another one.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

****myea it's auto n dam imma need a new tranny for sure cus the car still runs n turns on just doesn't start movin till 3000 rpms

Comment

Its probably not motor oil, it's just auto fluid that's dirty as ****. But either way. That thing is done.
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Dam well in that case does anyone kno where I can get another tranny cus I've checked the price for new one n it's like 1200 n that's way to much for a 93 tranny I'm lookin to spend like 350 to 600 or sumthin, anyone kno of any places or websites or anyone in the area that would be sellin one?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdm1318 View Post
              Dam well in that case does anyone kno where I can get another tranny cus I've checked the price for new one n it's like 1200 n that's way to much for a 93 tranny I'm lookin to spend like 350 to 600 or sumthin, anyone kno of any places or websites or anyone in the area that would be sellin one?

Good luck finding something good for 350 - 600... You are looking for a needle in a hay stack... 1200 is pretty cheap if its a rebuild including the laubor to pull it out and install it...

Comment

manual swap FTW

Comment

Naw that's the price just for the tranny n it's brand new it's from advance auto parts they sell granny's and engines but yea I can put the tranny in myself just lookin to buy one

Comment

^^ post a WTB ad on here or go looking in a junkyard

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdm1318 View Post
                      Naw that's the price just for the tranny n it's brand new it's from advance auto parts they sell granny's and engines but yea I can put the tranny in myself just lookin to buy one
                      Check out some transmission shops around your area... they can probably do better on price for a bench rebuild if you take them yours...

Comment

Ight guys thanks for the info this Friday I'm Finna do work n fix it

Comment

Car-parts.com

Ive found my last transmission there for $200. Also you might be low oil, that might be why it is slipping....
                          323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Already checked that its good its the the tranny oil is ****in ugly n I think it's motor oil in it aka death lol but ima flush it n put new tranny oil anyways just to see if it makes a difference

Comment

probably dirty and burnt. take a whiff of it and see if it smells burnt.
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X