No announcement yet.

130 mph on my 323 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like i said before, its not a governor or however u spell that, its a rev limiter which stops u at different speeds depending on how hard ur accelerating

Comment

whats the rev limit on a 90 lx motor? the dohc
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

ive gotten up to 125 several times, but after that it starts to stop going up...theres not much straights in atl to run 130+mph in a protege..

Comment

there is plenty of flat road around where i live to top out your car if you want to go try it at say 3am when there isnt traffic.....allthough today i went to Tacoma WA (2.5 hrs drive south of me on I5) with a buddy in the car i got to 120 on the Express lanes in seattle.....stupid ugly ass jetta ate my exhaust to say the least I his ass by a long shot :D
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

ok! guys, just remeber that this is just a post asking about the accuracy of 1of's spedo. So please don't go out on your local highways and try to see how fast your car can go or attempt to reach 120 or 130, just to come on this board and brag that you did 120 .. If you get arrested or locked up in jail, you really won't have much to brake about.

btw. the rev limiter is set at a certain RPM .. not MPH ..
            If it is set at 6grand , then you will not be allowed to rev past 3 grand. It does not activate based on how fast your car is going, how fast you accelerate or whatever. It is based on your rev's per minute.

I am pretty sure we all know what fuel cutt off is ..

Later and drive safe.
            Bruce
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Speedos are incredibly inaccurate at high speeds. I have no doubt you could have had it registering 130mph. ****, I had my LX to 125 with a passenger and the sunroof open on a flat highway. Not to mention you're probably 400-500lbs less with the 323.
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

PLS. dont try maxing out ur car trying to hit that 120-130mph. All i wanted to know if my car is capable of hitting 130mph since most of u guys already answered my q. i guess it is capable...thread close.

drive safe. thx bruce! o yeah check ur pm.

Comment

Working...
                X