Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its cuz its an se...the lx has to pay a premium cuz its fastar

Comment

Personally, I just make sure the car is in good running order (lights, blinkers, etc.), is always clean and shiny, and the car has proper reg & tags. I'll drive the speed limit, signal with every lane change and at every turn, and keep an eye out for the cops. With that said, I don't have insurance (I'm in california, and it's the law to have insurance). When I speed, it's usually only on the freeway, and I'm always checking the mirrors and ahead of myself for cops (cars and bikes), as I've trained myself to recognize the headlights and the taillights of cop cars. The bikes are easy to spot in front of you--they usually have the little blue lights--but it's not as easy spotting them behind you as it is spotting the cars.

I don't like ****ing spending a ****load of money on insurance when it's the -stupid ****ers- on the road that cause accidents.
      I'm a better driver than about 99 percent of the ppl on the road. I spot idiots that could cause accidents or the idiots that don't pay attention to their surroundings. I avoid them or quickly make sure they're far behind me. I concentrate 100 percent on my driving. If someone is in the car talking to me, I usually wait till there is not too much happening on the freeway and go, "huh? what did you say? geh! I'm driving!"
      Sometimes I can chill in a lane and carry a conversation with someone, but I'll pause when something is up. Usually my responses are delayed until I don't have to pay too much attention to idiots around me and I can respond. :D

I've only been involved in an accident on the freeway once, and that was because I was totally pissed off. (I've since learned to control myself while driving.) That happened over two years ago. I've always managed to avoid accidents or just barely save myself from the quick ones.

Ever go on the freeway, and notice the people that don't give a bit of room for the bike moving along in the fast lane? Yeah. Those are the people that don't concentrate on driving. Me? I'm always glancing into my rear-view, and I spot the bikes long before it's necessary for me to move over just a bit. Even in traffic I'll spot them with enough time to move over.

You can kill someone or you youself can be killed if you're not paying attention. You have to concentrate fully on driving. You're taking your own life as well as the life of others on the road into your hands. That's why I can't stand -stupid-****ing-drivers-! :D

*shrug* It may not work for everyone, and people might argue that when you do get pulled over, it's more expensive to pay the ticket than to pay the insurance.
      All I have to say is that it's been working for me thus far. :D

That's why I'm going to look into moving back to Oregon or Washington someplace. They at least don't have a law requiring insurance. ...Last I checked that is.

That may have changed since the last time I was in Oregon.

Sorry. The insurance thing got my all riled up and that just brought me to stupid drivers.
      Bryan
      MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
      Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

i hate stupid drivers

Comment

My insurance doubled since I moved to Toronto. I'm now paying over 4000$ CDN a year.
          Oh and thats with the highest possible deductibles and NO collision.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

there should be a set rate everyone pays regaurdless of sex or age, let say 100/month

now lets say you get in an accident then your rates should rise accordingly,

serious=400/month
            minor=200/month

something like that, that way the good drivers dont get nailed with high insurance rates while the bad driver realize its time to slow down and pay attention

same concept with tickets

1=150/month
            2=200/month
            3=300/month
            4=loose your licence cuz its obvious you cant obey the law nor the posted speed limit

just my thoughts
            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex
              there should be a set rate everyone pays regaurdless of sex or age, let say 100/month

serious=400/month
              minor=200/month

something like that, that way the good drivers dont get nailed with high insurance rates while the bad driver realize its time to slow down and pay attention

1=150/month
              2=200/month
              3=300/month
              4=loose your licence cuz its obvious you cant obey the law nor the posted speed limit

just my thoughts
              ive got 5 tickets, my license and no insurance increase

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex

serious=400/month
                minor=200/month

1=150/month
                2=200/month
                3=300/month

just my thoughts
                agreed man agreed.. too bad they didnt lower the rates lie kthe said they would during the election,.. oh well.. nothin we can do about it.... but hell mine was supposda drop this year because im 19 .. an got a saftey course now.. .. guess what.. it didnt.. suprise suprise
                Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
                -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
                -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
                -B&M Short Throw Shifter
                -MX-3 GS front seats
                -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
                (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

Originally posted by Vormav
                  agreed man agreed.. too bad they didnt lower the rates lie kthe said they would during the election,.. oh well.. nothin we can do about it.... but hell mine was supposda drop this year because im 19 .. an got a saftey course now.. .. guess what.. it didnt.. suprise suprise
                  u crashed a tree onto ur car...what do u expect :p

Comment

I hate u!

I am also in the 2300 CDN range with three tickets and 1 at fault accident. Cant wait for my Insurance renewal next year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                      it will go up, it doesn't always right away
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                        it will go up, it doesn't always right away
                        last ticket was taken car of last month...this is the new billing cycle and no increase

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                          u crashed a tree onto ur car...what do u expect :p
                          ha ha very funny... but man wouldent that tree g ofast.. no honda could beat it.. ..handeled like a chunk of wood tho...
                          Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
                          -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
                          -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
                          -B&M Short Throw Shifter
                          -MX-3 GS front seats
                          -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
                          (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

insurance companies are just trying to rape everyone if you add up all that you spend in a lifetime on insurance you would see that you havent even used a small part of that well most of us.
                            93 Protege lx (Jessi)
                            Project Jessi
                            Sold

88 "terd tan" ranger

quote:
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Racing in a Honda is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win... your still retarded
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Vormav
                              ha ha very funny... but man wouldent that tree g ofast.. no honda could beat it.. ..handeled like a chunk of wood tho...
                              so it was like a honda...just not fast?

Comment

I pay 200 every 45 days, Iv been in one accident (rear ended while stopped at a light) and Iv never been in an accident, and I have almost no coverage, just the basics to drive legally. Now I have a female friend that has had her license for 3 months, shes been in 3 accidents all were her fault, an has 2 tickets, reakless driving and speeding (doing 70 in a 30) take a guess at what her monthly premium is..... $70 a month, full coverage. And her parents dont pay ****. I wont to know how I account for such a large driving hazard to pay 3 times what she does.

god damn ins
                                94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

Comment

Working...
                                X