No announcement yet.

Junkyard Pulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one that I saw was a write off. It had been hit in the front right. Funny thing was, I think I might know who's car it was since it had the college parking sticker on it dated from when I was in school.

The entire drive line was gone with the exception of the diff (open), one door, whole interior except damaged center console and dash, and just about everything under the hood...including the hood.

I was fortunate enough to get the windsheild cowl. They run about $80 on Ebay alone. Mine was broken on the pass. side (typical of Miatas).
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

all the second gen's around here look like **** cause people don't take care of them, the first gens floating around have some real good paint (minus the two i see on occasion), and people take care of them. i saw a second gen 2 weeks ago, front bumper was held on by some canvas straps and hood was bent up, headlights were working, but one housing was cracked, had turn signals, intact but cracked, windshield shattered on the passenger side, and the entire passenger side of the car had gigantic scrapes on it. by the looks of it, i have no clue what would have thrown that much damage onto that car, cept that the opposing object/obstacle/vehicle didn't fair out so well . this car by all considerable terms totalled, but the duct tape commandos around here make that **** LAST...either that, or insurance money is used to pay bills or buy drugs... judging by most around here, i'd vote it's drugs. as far as junkyard frequency, there are usually 5 or more first gens floating in my area, a few mx-3's and the occasional miata. as far as second gens, i'd have to say i haven't seen ANY yet. going to festivasrule's junkyards.. we saw at least 3 totalled focuses, 2 mx-3's, 2 second gens... in ONE yard alone. the other yard was large as ****in hell, but had a PARKING problem... had too many mexicans running around, hunting for parts... but at least 6 to 8 first gens. it depends on the area by all accounts, i mean, i can drive to 4 junkyards to the east of me and find more first gens than anything else, but i can head west to 3 other junkyards, and find more later model cars. the one thing about my area though, in philly, they have a auto livestock program that pulls abandoned cars off the street, so EVERY ****in car is a piece of **** to begin with! it's ashame, but hey, more parts for the junkyard dogs
      peace

Comment

some body find me a radiator 1gen pro dx
        i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
          some body find me a radiator 1gen pro dx
          uhh yeah.... right. how about asking, "if someone is in a J/Y would you please look for a radiator for me, i would be very apperciative."
          if you ask like you did all you are going to get is "GO do it yourself!! hell i bet there are atleast 4 j/y near you that have a mazda protege rad!" <= that is my response to your thread!
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

ok im srry for that the reason i dont got to a junkyard myself is because i dont have anytime i got to school all day and then in the evening and work weekends so not much time to do shopping for me car.
            so if some1 is in a junkyard and happens to see a radiator could u tell me i would really aprreciate it.
            i is dumb

Comment

i went to the pick a part last week, and they had a 65 CORVAIR!! can you believe it!@!!!!! SO I RIPPED OFF THE WHEEL CYLINDER AND TOOK IT HOME HAPPY AS HELL, then i realized theres some more stuff in needed for my corvair, so i go back. i take off all of the emblems and put them in my pocket (sshhh, dont tell) i take the locking mechinism for the trunk (which is the hood) and i take the knobs off the stock radio, i also jacked a little silver bezel for the steering wheel and a couple loose interior trinkets.

i got it all for 15 BUCKS!!! WOOT WOOT! and now once i get rid of some electrical issues, the CORVAIR WILL BE RUNNING!!! YAY!!!!!!!
              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                i went to the pick a part last week, and they had a 65 CORVAIR!! can you believe it!@!!!!! SO I RIPPED OFF THE WHEEL CYLINDER AND TOOK IT HOME HAPPY AS HELL, then i realized theres some more stuff in needed for my corvair, so i go back. i take off all of the emblems and put them in my pocket (sshhh, dont tell) i take the locking mechinism for the trunk (which is the hood) and i take the knobs off the stock radio, i also jacked a little silver bezel for the steering wheel and a couple loose interior trinkets.

i got it all for 15 BUCKS!!! WOOT WOOT! and now once i get rid of some electrical issues, the CORVAIR WILL BE RUNNING!!! YAY!!!!!!!
                Recently, we had 2 Corvairs in the yard. It was strange enough to see one there, but two?

As far as pocket pals go, that's what the dollar is for that you pay when you enter the yard.
                -Kevin
                -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
                -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
                -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
                -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
                -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Working...
                X