lost keys how can I start the cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost keys how can I start the cat

how can I go about Removing the ignition cylinder lock? I dont want to wreck anything. and plan on getting replacement key on pay day. or is it best to just drill out the ignition?
    Instruction in world history in the so-called high schools is even today in a very sorry condition. Few teachers understand that the study of history can never be to learn historical dates and events by heart and recite them by rote; that what matters is not whether the child knows exactly when this battle or that was fought, when a general was born, or even when a monarch (usually a very insignificant one) came into the crown of his forefathers. No, by the living God, this is very unimportant. To 'learn' history means to seek and find the forces which are the causes leading to those effects which we subsequently perceive as historical events.”
    ― Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Pull column covers off and you will see 2 rounded off bolts holding the tumbler on. Cut slots in the bolts and use a flathead screwdriver to remove the lock assembly

Sent from my iPhone5
    using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
      Pull column covers off and you will see 2 rounded off bolts holding the tumbler on. Cut slots in the bolts and use a flathead screwdriver to remove the lock assembly

Sent from my iPhone5
      using Tapatalk
      He just wants to be able to start the car until he gets a replacement key. A Bolt extractor set works better also.

Pull the column covers aff and you will see a black plastic unit mounted to the left end of the key cylinder housing, the clip in the front and one screw in the back of the unit are all that holds it on. Remove those and take the ignition switch off, youll see how it works from there. Just stick a flathead screwdriver into the center of it and twist like you would with your key.
      I lost my keys back in December and this is what I did, up until 3 days ago, when I finally got around to replacing the key cylinder unit. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by AWDXavier View Post
        He just wants to be able to start the car until he gets a replacement key. A Bolt extractor set works better also.

Pull the column covers aff and you will see a black plastic unit mounted to the left end of the key cylinder housing, the clip in the front and one screw in the back of the unit are all that holds it on. Remove those and take the ignition switch off, youll see how it works from there. Just stick a flathead screwdriver into the center of it and twist like you would with your key.
        I lost my keys back in December and this is what I did, up until 3 days ago, when I finally got around to replacing the key cylinder unit. Haha
        which black plastic thing?
        Instruction in world history in the so-called high schools is even today in a very sorry condition. Few teachers understand that the study of history can never be to learn historical dates and events by heart and recite them by rote; that what matters is not whether the child knows exactly when this battle or that was fought, when a general was born, or even when a monarch (usually a very insignificant one) came into the crown of his forefathers. No, by the living God, this is very unimportant. To 'learn' history means to seek and find the forces which are the causes leading to those effects which we subsequently perceive as historical events.”
        ― Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Comment

It's got all the power wires running to it. Two different sets/plugs going into the same unit. Also wired to what appears to be a ground (the little white thing with two wires running to it)

Comment

Originally posted by AWDXavier View Post
            I assume he's needing to start the car, so he can drive it.

How do you propose he steer while the steering lock is still enabled, unless he remove the ignition barrel assembly?

Comment

Doh! All the BGs I've dealt with haven't had a steering lock that worked, always forget that it was ever on there. It is relatively easy to "break" the steering lock mechanism if need be though.

Comment

Id hate to have it lock while driving along at 60mph...

Comment

hence my suggestion ..

Comment

don't be a cheap ass. get to the dealership with a creditcard if need be & have a new key cut. the amount of hassle required just isn't worth it.
                    shortly its janky as sin & looks like your trying to steal the vehicle......
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^^^what he said... you can get one cut for under $20! just give them ur ownership and they'll cut u a new key

Comment

My key was $12. They had to order it since I got the oem key. Cut it for free using my vin number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Working...
                        X