Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little bit on the progress of the 323 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the seats in the pro recline pretty far back, right.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

OMG sleeping in the protege is so comfortable!

Comment

so with the miata pistons...will that be any better than the stock bp pistons? I mean will it be stronger. is there any gains in hp/torque? will it increase the compression ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
          so with the miata pistons...will that be any better than the stock bp pistons? I mean will it be stronger. is there any gains in hp/torque? will it increase the compression ratio?
          Yes, they will yield some gains but nothing drastic. These are 9.5:1 pistons so yes the compression ratio will be increased. Stock BP pistons found in the Protege/323 are 8.8:1 and 9.0:1 depending on the year.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

yeah but is the miata piston any stronger than the bp? cuz wut bruce told me he will be shooting 100 shot of nos on this bp and bumping up the comp ratio aint gonna help.

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
              hmm bruce, if i bought the pistons, rings, headgasket etc, would you help me install it if i drove up there?
              yeah that wouldn't be a problem. It would probably take a weekend to do it. Figureing from Fri night to sunday morning.
              But once I do my motor I will know for sure what will have to be done when rebuilding. I also have a good amount on my plate with my 323, my protege and also helping john put his car together. Not to mention summer school is coming up.

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
              sexy, whens the muffler going on?
              As soon as my welder gets here and I practice welding some pipes together. I just need to get some hangers and then I will put it on myself.

Remember the miata also uses a BP, so the pistons and rods will fit right in. The main reason I got the newer pistons is because of the mileage i will be putting on the car. Plus with the pistons not even being 9.0:1 (which my protege is). I wanted to up the compression for better acceleration and overall performance. The car won't be getting a turbo or anything. maybe NOS ( I can find a way to do that for like maybe 300 or so..) . Mainly the car will stay NA... I drive it everyday back and forth to and from, so I need to be able to jump in and go.

yeah but is the miata piston any stronger than the bp? cuz wut bruce told me he will be shooting 100 shot of nos on this bp and bumping up the comp ratio aint gonna help.
              all of the BP pistons are strong. I just merely wanted a better compression ratio... I think you said your motor is a 94 so you will have the 9.0:1 .

later
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

higher compression is very good on an all motor car but if ur planning on shooting nos higher compression is not good at all...but for $48 for a piston **** hook it up! i'll get one of those once im done w/ my bp head.

Comment

So what would it even be worth buying Forged Wiseco Pistons w/ rings for $500 or better off staying with BP Pistons?

Comment

do you have to do anything to fir thos mitia pistions in or is it a straight swap?
                    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.