Bought a 323.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a 323.

I bought a 323 today. My first 3-door. 94847 miles!

Pretty sure I beat someone to it. Someone from the Winston Salem area. Possibly a member here. Sorry if that was you.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Going to need a passenger door mirror like right now. I had to think for a few minutes about how to back the thing up without one. EDM headlights to follow that, then maybe cut the bumpers down and paint them to match.

EDIT: now with pictures!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by me109; 03-08-2020, 10:01 AM.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Score!
    I never see 323's anymore.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Yeah they got rare here too. I'm loving it! That little B6-E is way more capable in real life than on paper. And this chassis is still fresh. It's reminding me why I love these cars so much.

I got my wheels and gauges transferred over from my wrecked Protege today. Going to move the brakes and stabilizers over soon. Huge difference already going from the dry-rotted 155/80 13s to some fresh 185/60 14s.

It even had both of those plastic A-pillar trim pieces for the first 20 minutes or so. Then a gust of wind shattered the right one and distributed it across I-73 in Greensboro. Oh well. All I could do was laugh about it. Anybody 3D printing those things yet?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Comment

Sweet!!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Rack started making noise yesterday after a spirited drive up and down a good hill. Still feels ok, but I don't like the noise. So I'm going to transfer the rack from the Protege. Trying to decide if I should depower it, or install the whole PS system. It would be a lot of extra weight and extra effort.

Got my side mirror ordered today. Should be here in a few days.
          1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Comment

What is a good source for a fuel sender that supports a low fuel light? MX-3 maybe? Protege ones are too long.
            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

what do you mean the protege ones are too long... i have one in my tank....
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

The one out of my Protege is much longer. I pulled it to compare. Maybe it's a year change? This is a late Protege unit compared to an early 323...
                1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Comment

please post a picture

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                    please post a picture
                    Next time I have it out I'll get some pictures.

Today I put some new spark plugs in it. Old ones looked like normal wear. Just barely hanging on though. Not tight at all. Only two of the wires disembowelled themselves this time, which is better than I expected.
                    1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Comment

So when it comes to the outer TTL bolt that's llike a foot long, is my only option to drill it, or is there some trick that might work? The one that goes through the bottom of the rear knuckle. You know the one.
                      1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Comment

buy new ones from mazda- if you haven't already. and look at replacement outer bushings that bolt goes through.
                        heat cycle with a torch seems to work. although mine took 3 heat cycles and a sledge hammer....
                        good quality grease after you've removed them + using a dremel and a sanding stone to clean out ALL of the rust in the holes is the best option.

Comment

buy new ones from mazda- if you haven't already.
                          Planning to do this but still haven't.
                          Look at replacement outer bushings
                          Contacted SuperPro to confirm which ones I need, but got no response. I'll have to measure them when I pull them apart and then order what I need, I guess.
                          1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
                            The one out of my Protege is much longer. I pulled it to compare. Maybe it's a year change? This is a late Protege unit compared to an early 323...
                            please post a picture
                            I don't know what sender I had lying around. Thought it came out of a Protege, but it clearly didn't. I pulled it yesterday and it's the same as the 323 except for the thermal probe.
                            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                            ├┼┤
                            2 4 R

Comment

Installed the thermal probe to my sender today.

Swapped out the interior control module thing on the back of the fusebox a few days ago. That enabled my key light and headlight reminder.

Probably tackle the seatbelts this weekend.
                              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                              ├┼┤
                              2 4 R

Comment

Working...
                              X