Higher flow injectors on 1.8 sohc tuning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher flow injectors on 1.8 sohc tuning help

So. One of my injectors went bad and i have no money at the moment to get new ones. I was given a set from my neighbor. They are the hole type injectors and i don't know exactly how much more fuel they put out. I modified them with my dremel tool and they fit beautifully. Trying to get it to run however has been really hit and miss. My car is a 1990 protege with the 1.8. SOHC. Its running way to rich and i don't want to have a mishap by figuring it out with trial and error. I got it to run. Like ****. For a small period. I tried adjusting the bypass and creating a huge vacuum leak. All while i turned the afm flap at an artificial tension while i increased the throttle and it sounded incredible. My wideband even said it was alright/ish. But hiring a neighborhood kid to ride in my engine bay and mad max it down the highway would be sorta out of the question. Its all just a large experiment. I know its sort of a weird thing to do. And i don't want to damage my engine obviously. Im getting new ones soon hopefully so im taking advantage of this moment and trying to maybe figure some cool stuff out on the way. My fuel pump was given to me by a friend and definitely is nowhere near the original along the lines of psi. Also i port matched and polished the head and intake manifold along with the plenum and throttle body. If that makes a difference. And i made my intake with a k&n filter. I don't think that would make much of a difference but there's that. There is an accell supercoil I put on too but i don't think it makes a difference unless i change the small igniter module. If there is any handy tricks, advice, or insights other than criticisms that don't help. If they are helpful criticisms then have at it ha. Then please guide me. Im willing to spend no money on this venture i have all sorts of electronic components and some other stuff. Please ask away and even the most off the wall ideas are encouraged. Thanks for reading the book i wrote up above. And please don't call me an idiot. Who needs that lol. Thanks guys i really appreciate ya

So i ended up getting some injectors from a kia. It was in a wreck and i couldnt make out the model because it was dark and also wrecked. miraculously the harness plugs fit and i ordered a mew ignition module. My ex gf stole my key. So i have some other issues now and im making me a switch board since for some aweful reason the parts store wants 300+ dollars for a new key cylinder but for some reason for the automatic one was only 40 lol wtf. Anyways i found an airflow meter from an RX7 thank goodness. I had to re solder the main connections because someone didnt know how to open it i suppose. But its unadjusted thank goodness. the injectors where too short but i bridged the gap with some peices of fuel line and no leaks. oh and i could never get the other injectors to work(mentioned up top)

Comment

Working...
    X