No announcement yet.

3000rpms in 5th=what speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea. its a dx. and its a rebuilt clutch. just got it put in.
    cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

What the ****? DX's have 400rpm less at 60?

According to the R&T test back in 1990 on a 5-speed LX, they got 3000rpm at 60mph.

If you calculate the gear ratios/final drive into the stock tire size, you'll get 58.8mph at 3000rpm, so actually at 60 its probably more like 3050-3100 in an LX.

Mine seemed to hover around 3000. It'd be revving at like 3500 at 72mph which is what I set my cruise at when I drive to and from college.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I'm running 100kph @ 3000rpm.

I'm at 138(86)@7400rpm(my car revs that high for some reason after the RX7 AFM)
        180kph(112.5) @ 7400rpm in 4th

I've only been 210kph in 5th, at around 6900rpm. I figure I'm good for at least 220-230 with my current set up.....as soon as I get my front end fixed that is...seriously aerodynamic problems as it sits....

Comment

i just got back from driving and mine does the same thing. broken speedo cable?!! any who, 2500-5th=60+/-, and 3000-5th=70+/-. hope this helps!
          i hate being broke!

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
            i just got back from driving and mine does the same thing. broken speedo cable?!! any who, 2500-5th=60+/-, and 3000-5th=70+/-. hope this helps!

The stealership quoted me $65 for a speedo cable... junkyard a couple miles from work gave me one for $20. You don't have to pull the gauge cluster out to replace it either, just reach your hand up there and un-click it.
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

thanks for the info! i was wondering bout that. i hope the speed read outs were helpful that i gave you. i was always wondering cause of the lawenforcement ya know.
              i hate being broke!

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                thanks for the info! i was wondering bout that. i hope the speed read outs were helpful that i gave you. i was always wondering cause of the lawenforcement ya know.
                law enforcement. exactly. but i appreciate the help. thanks a bunch
                cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

Working...
                X