No announcement yet.

what if i take the cam gears cover off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i run my car stripped of all plastic shielding around the belts. i think the shielding is more for protection of fingers and hands than rocks and dirt.

i run my car hard on gravel roads rallycross from time to time, and have never had a problem yet with dirt or rocks.
    find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Brave man ...

So how do you check your timing if you took off all the shields around the timing belt.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

lol...no kidding on that one... ignition timing would be impractical to set without the lower cover.

as is on my car I took the black metal cover away from the head and removed the top third of the plastic cover off ... looks alot slicker; but timing for the cam gears was a bitch to set correctly. I took some pics but I have yet to upload them... i'll post them up when I get them online.
        Last edited by FE3-323; 04-22-2004, 11:37 PM.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Pic doesn't work

Comment

my yahoo photos

give this a try... look under my car
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I have been thinking about doing the rear disc swap also. I don't know if I want to be bothered though.
              Hey how did you route the rear brake lines. They seem a bit different on the 323 from the protege. (routing wise.)
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

the swap is easy as sin. no need to reroute the lines. just get the whole rear axle from an LX or ET and either undo the lines in the j-yard or cut them past the rear proportioning valve...(don't cut on the side where your gonna need.)
                all you have to do is get the rear proportion ing valve from under the hood and then bolt up the LX/EGT rear axle and reconnect the lines.... if all else fails the rear proportioing valves are the same so the stock 323 one can still be used as a back up.

im not exactly sure what you mean by rerouting. what are you trying to do?
                are you trying to take off the lateral links and remove the hub assemblies? thats the hard way to go.
                im pretty sure the 323 drum brake lines are nearly identical and may be able to be kept as back ups. the lines get to be a pain in the ass after a few years to undo. if you need any assistance look for me online on AIM or yahoo as BPT323

Comment

Working...
                X