Project Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red90protegelx
    I know which are which. He worded his question incorrectly. He said 'before' the VAF. The only thing before the VAF is the airbox.

Comment

i think he meant before the vaf as in closer to the throttle body

Comment

i think he meant before the vaf as in closer to the throttle body
        I realize now what he meant. It's still worded incorrectly. Air doesn't travel from the TB to the meter.....

Comment

hes talking location physically not functionally

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
            I realize now what he meant. It's still worded incorrectly. Air doesn't travel from the TB to the meter.....
            What part of that didn't you understand?

Comment

i meant in his wording. its not incorrect if you read it as position

Comment

thank you ...... we are both on the same track.

Comment

post the pictures!!!!!!!!!!
                  NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

It doesn't matter. NOBODY..and I mean NOBODY reads and engine backwards. I don't car WHERE he read it from. If you bring a car in to a shop and say the 'right side tire' has a slow leak, could you fix it please? It will ALWAYS mean the passenger side. When they fix the passenger side and you get mad because you meant the left, because you were standing in front of the car, it's not the shop's fault. Same with the engine. The processes of the engine start at the air intake and end at the muffler. If I go into a shop and say, "I have an exhaust leak just before the cat", they're going to look around the downpipe, not the resonator. If you tell someone that there's something wrong with that thing AFTER the throttle body, it will ALWAYS mean intake manifold. Not the intake piping.

Comment

I'm using the 1.6 323 distributor. I don't know if there are any gains because I never took the car to the dyno. The best I ran is 15.7 at 85 60ft 2.4 car runs all day 16.0 with cheap used tires 18psi and stock muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by 323Foreword
                        I'm using the 1.6 323 distributor. I don't know if there are any gains because I never took the car to the dyno. The best I ran is 15.7 at 85 60ft 2.4 car runs all day 16.0 with cheap used tires 18psi and stock muffler.
                        so when u were running 15.7 were u running slick tires?

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                          not with 2.4 60' times, he wasn't.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                            No the same tires, but it was a cool night.

Now that I'm out of school I plan to take the car to the track more.

Comment

Anytime, Mazda 323 with 1.8 DOHC and GT tranny, performance clutch, 2 1/4 piping, Falken Ziex-512, Acura Rims, rotors on all four wheels, front/ rear sway bars, bushings, B+G springs, KYB struts, strut bars... Lightened flywheel. Many top secrets under the hood, "sleeper Mode".

Pass by Nor Cal...
                              Last edited by WTF; 05-21-2004, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF
                                Anytime, Mazda 323 with 1.8 DOHC and GT tranny, performance clutch, 2 1/4 piping, Falken Ziex-512, Acura Rims, rotors on all four wheels, front/ rear sway bars, bushings, B+G springs, KYB struts, strut bars... Lightened flywheel. Many top secrets under the hood, "sleeper Mode".

Pass by Nor Cal...
                                I'm not sure what's trying to be said here. Is this just a random list of mods?

Comment

Working...
                                X