No announcement yet.

caliper paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well in my opinion you could have simply said your brakes wont reach that temp so don't worry about, alot of us on this forum aren't mechanics and don't have the time to go indept as you have, some of us rely on knowledgeable people to help us out. Instead of throwing out the attitude, simply say your brakes wont reach that temp, so high temp paint is pointless.....easy enough right??
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Why would you want to paint your calipers anyway? Painted brake calipers are ugly; they throw off the look of an otherwise nice car. Think about it; you see a decent-looking red car with chrome rims. Then behind the rims, more red? You don't want them to see anything through the rims, you want them to be looking at the rims themselves. I see this at car shows all the time and it almost never looks good.
      ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Just thought I'd back up my words incase somebody disagreed.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Remember, don't use DOT 5 brake fluid.... just in case someone was about to go out and buy some after reading that....
          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Thats cool, everyone now knows its a complete waste to buy that specialty paint...I haven't looked into it personally but nice to know you can save money by doing a little reading and having knowledgeable people to turn to for answers....thanks for the info....

DaPro
            94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
            (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

i hate crome rims, and i dont care what you think i should or shouldnt do with my car, its myn and i do stuff to please me NOT others
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.