15.9 @ 82mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990DX
    isnt 12:1 a bit much? you didnt mention cams or balancing the crank/pistons (balancing isnt even expensive) but you should look into that probably otherwise it will be a waste having that much compression.

12:1 a bit much?? Naw, thats where the fun begins. As far as cams, when I said headwork, I meant cams as well. Like I said tho, Bp's have been proven to make like 400hp on the stock bottom end, so Ill prolly leave my rods and crank stock. But I dont plan on making anything near that, so I'll prolly be fine.
    Eat ****.

Comment

just remember the weakest link on the bottom end is the rod bolts.....i'd play it safe and get some arps..

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
        I know I've listed this before, but here I go....

Cams(260 or 270 duration, 9.5mm lift range)
        Ported and polished head, 3 angle valve job, radiused seats, cc'd chambers
        Eibach valve springs, aluminum retainers, possible bucket/shim conversion
        10:1 pistons, balanced and slightly lightened.
        Rods lightened, polished, balanced and shot-peened
        Block magnafluxed, bored .020" over, decked(need to take measurements before knowing how much)
        Crank lightened, knife-edged, and balanced to 10,000RPM
        Greddy E-Manage w/ 300cc injectors
        Mildy ported and polished intake manifold(possibly custom piece if stock one is too restrictive)
        Intake gasket/port matching
        Bored throttle body
        Custom intake
        Custom header
        Custom exhaust

Hmmm, did I miss anything? Budget is $11,000Cdn

standalone ECU
        cold air intake (ghetto hood scoop style)

but really, that sounds good. you might want to bump the compression up a little more because thats what makes it rev quicker. you can do 10.5 or MAYBE 11 on premium. my car is 10.5:1 (not the protege obviously) and it pings on cheap gas but with 92 it runs fine. more compression than that is bad because you either need a lot of octane additives or you will need to buy race gas at the track or order it in barrels

Comment

standalone ECU
          cold air intake (ghetto hood scoop style)

but really, that sounds good. you might want to bump the compression up a little more because thats what makes it rev quicker. you can do 10.5 or MAYBE 11 on premium. my car is 10.5:1 (not the protege obviously) and it pings on cheap gas but with 92 it runs fine. more compression than that is bad because you either need a lot of octane additives or you will need to buy race gas at the track or order it in barrels
          I'm going to be running 12:1 compression, with a shaved head(44cc chambers), .020" head gaskets and .020" deck hight, along with the 10:1 pistons. I'll see how it runs, then decide what kind of fuel I'll need, and what kind of timing to run.

Also, I don't want to sacrifice ANY drivability, so that's why I doing the stock ECU/E-Manage thing. I can control initial ignition advance with the distributor, and the E-Manage can control all my fuel needs.

Comment

not running on pump gas is something i would consider as sacraficing driveability but good luck with that.

Comment

not running on pump gas is something i would consider as sacraficing driveability but good luck with that.

I'm sure drivability will be fine, and with longer duration cams, 12:1 on 94 octane is reasonable. If not, I'll buy some toluene in bulk!

Comment

woah thats cool you guys have 94. all we have here is 92.

Comment

i ran a 10.4 @ 77mph in the 1/8. by my math that gives me a 15.6 in the 1/4
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

my 15.5 was a 10.002 @ 70mph in the 1/8th

NEUMAN

Comment

Ya, your math seems to be wrong. Because with my 15.7 run, I ran 10.049 in the 1/8.

I'd say 16.2 with a 10.4.

and oh ya, it's impossible for you to do a 10.4 @ 77mph in the 1/8. It must be 67. 77mph and you'd be in the 9.4s 1/8, or low 14s 1/4.
                      Last edited by Gen1GT; 06-05-2004, 05:38 AM.

Comment

woah thats cool you guys have 94. all we have here is 92.
                        There are no Sunoco stations around you??
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                          There are no Sunoco stations around you??
                          nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                            Ya, your math seems to be wrong. Because with my 15.7 run, I ran 10.049 in the 1/8.

I'd say 16.2 with a 10.4.

and oh ya, it's impossible for you to do a 10.4 @ 77mph in the 1/8. It must be 67. 77mph and you'd be in the 9.4s 1/8, or low 14s 1/4.
                            ive got the timeslip around here somewhere, want me to scan it?
                            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                              ive got the timeslip around here somewhere, want me to scan it?

Yes please.....

Also, see what cars run which put down 77mph through the 1/8

Comment

i remember thinking i did something different that run, but i dont remember what
                                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X