• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damnit i want the details on this

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      no BOV or recirc either. I've heard of not using them before but I can't see the benefit.
      People with big turbos give fewer ****s about turbo flutter.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I know it's hard to believe the G-Series can handle all that power, but i have 2 friends making about 500 to the wheel, all on KIA trans. I think you just gotta know how to drive it.

Doesn't take away the fact that you're basically driving a time bomb, but still it'll last so long as you don't beat the piss out of it all the time.

Comment

Trying to convince people on here that a G-series or stock BP can take any sort of power is a losing battle.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey I have ZERO confidence in the strength of the g-series myself...lol and I could be wrong too! But I also know what I've seen...

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE View Post
              Hey I have ZERO confidence in the strength of the g-series myself...lol and I could be wrong too! But I also know what I've seen...
              I agree lol
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                Can't begin to see what trans is it. Looks to me like his fancy purple funnel is making a flow restiction tween it and the inner fender. This build ain't gonna last long, yo. The exhaust flange is way way too thin, the O2 sensor is too close to the turbo to live, but damn it'll be fun while it lasts.
                looks like you can follow the 4 runners to a 4toone collector that sits parallel to the bumper, that goes straight to a 90 up to the hotside, that that wrapped straight pipe with the sensor (maybe it's EGT and not O2) goes on out to exhaust. Overall, highly nutty and thus kewl.
                The funnel sucks for sure. The o2 sensor is probably fine. Sensors are tested when developed to withstand well over the temperatures you should ever see on a healthy motor for a loooonnngggg time. Mine isn't much farther away than that and it's been fine. Some OEMs are that close as well.

Agreed on nutty. I dig it!

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                no BOV or recirc either. I've heard of not using them before but I can't see the benefit.
                Less lag. Turbo flutter isn't HORRIBLE for a turbo. True surge is. The noise you hear from not running a bov/bpv isn't surge, it's all gravy. Common in Japan to not run any at all as well.

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                People with big turbos give fewer ****s about turbo flutter.
                And this. It's pretty much impossible to avoid depending on the BOV with bigger turbos anyways. Once you have your BOV adjusted to work correctly at eleventybillionpsi, it's probably going to not work at lower pressures and cause flutter. NBD.

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                Trying to convince people on here that a G-series or stock BP can take any sort of power is a losing battle.
                Miata guys are worse about the BP. If you make anything more than 250whp on a BP, it's gonna blow. Looks like my Miata is screwed, then.

Comment

The fwd trans has built in fuses, called wheelspin, that will help it survive 500 hp. No way really to get that to hook up, which is prolly for the best...and yeah, what's up with the miata guys? I think it's cuz thier version of the bp runs a higher CR than say frinstance the bpd, and if you try to boost a high CR mill on pump gas they sorta do have a way of blowing up. So change the goldern CR already and be done with it, like my pal with the GT30 equipped miata has done. You're gonna want forged internals anyhow.
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

The fwd trans has built in fuses, called wheelspin, that will help it survive 500 hp. No way really to get that to hook up, which is prolly for the best...and yeah, what's up with the miata guys? I think it's cuz thier version of the bp runs a higher CR than say frinstance the bpd, and if you try to boost a high CR mill on pump gas they sorta do have a way of blowing up. So change the goldern CR already and be done with it, like my pal with the GT30 equipped miata has done. You're gonna want forged internals anyhow.

Eh, even with the highest compression BP in the miata (10:1 in the NBs), it's still fine well above 250whp. It's all in the tune. My MSM is 9.5:1 and it makes over 250whp.

I think 300whp is quite attainable with a proper setup and tune.

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
                      Miata guys are worse about the BP. If you make anything more than 250whp on a BP, it's gonna blow. Looks like my Miata is screwed, then.
                      there's a reason I don't really bother with Miata forums any more (I mean, besides the fact that I sold mine). there was a dude in TX who was building/tuning 400whp stock internal cars and caught all kinds of **** from the dudes on M-net (I think, it's been a few years) for not building a motor... the BP not being able to make over 250whp on stock internals is about as stupid as the KA not being able to make the same power- it's all internet hearsay.

drag radials will get that to hook in 3rd gear and on. My car would spin the first two gears when the boost came up and then just torque steer all over the place in any other gear, even at 2.5 bar. I swapped back to street tires just because wheelspin through 5th at 100 is less exciting than changing lanes every time the turbo spools.

the BP in the 94-95 Miata uses 8.8:1 pistons, same as in the FWD, and there's no reason those can't make over 250whp... I don't think it'd even be an issue on the later cars with a good tune.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yessir, Bubba sez go for it
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

Looks like a stock right side engine mount.
                          sigpic
                          1992 Familia GT-X
                          1988 323 GTX
                          2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Rightside upper can be stock with e153/gt4. if you have a urethane or nylon bushing you need to relocate the bolt hole a little but that's it. Turbo and IC hide whatever he did or didn't do on the driverside.

Comment

Ok I got a response from the guy in Thailand .....

This is the engine shops website ... he said that the info on the car / engine is some where on the website ..

But can anyone read Thai ??

http://www.mooengineshop.com/

Comment

the only (half-assed) info on their site is for an Astina, there's a 323 sedan listed but no link. checking their forums now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X