No announcement yet.

installing ground controls this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im free for saturday so just tell me what time to come over and how to get there from concord
    Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
      well im free for saturday so just tell me what time to come over and how to get there from concord
      to get here from concord get on I-93 north and take it to exit 26. i can meet you at the mcdonalds off that exit and show you the rest of the way, we just need to work out a time. let me know, anytime is good for me.
      '91 323 SE
      Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
      <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

i have nver had to use a sledge hammer on a car...that seems like a good way to hurt yourself. Anyways a little heat (butane torch) and a breaker bar is all you should need...you might want to invest in a small air compressor and impact for future projects...elbow grease doesnt go as far as it used to.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Leverage is your best friend.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

well i got the groundcontrols on this weekend. it was a fun time, glad i decided to do it instead of taking it to a shop and paying money. jprotege came up to help me with the install and i can't thank him enough, i couldn't have gotten it done without him. btw his new dsm is awesome too. the car is quite low now and the ride is much stiffer and handling is way better. i want to adjust the front down a little bit more, but for now here are the pictures i have. the first one is jprotege following behind me after we met up at mcdonalds. the second is a shot of the car after the rears were done. and the others are showing how low the car is and how there is no gap in the back at all anymore. i love these coilovers. thanks again jprotege.
            Attached Files
            '91 323 SE
            Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

<center></center>

Comment

and the others
              Attached Files
              '91 323 SE

<center></center>

Comment

Do you have a hard time turning or is the steering sticking when steering?

Did you reuse the upper strut spring pearch?
                Bruce
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yes i reused the upper strut spring perch. there is absolutely no problem with the steering. no sticking or anything. it steers just as good as it did before i lowered it. i was suprised that everything worked so well.
                  '91 323 SE

<center></center>

Comment

looks real good, no tire gap now. good job man.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

finally someone got a GC.
                      I wanted to buy that but I found out you can only go 2" drop the most so I decided to stick with the lowering springs...anyhow I like your car but can you lower it some more like Bruce's 323?

Comment

Nice job

Those it bounce alot or just once?

Are your struts factory how long have u had them?

Comment

yeah i can lower the car more, and i have already put the front lower than it is in the pics above. but for now i don't think i will go any lower because the roads around here are kinda crappy. the car bounces more than once, but not a ton. i am using the factory struts and i've had them since i got the car.
                          '91 323 SE

<center></center>

Comment

Sorry I didn't even read the first page. I noticed your using the GC for civics. I was told by Bruce that its kinda bouncy but its kool tho you can definitely lower that to 4" cuz the one for mazda can only go to 2" drop.

Comment

yeah they are pretty bouncy, but i can deal with it. it can definitely go really low too, cause in the pics i only have the perches about halfway down and that is about a 2" drop. here's the difference between stock ride height and with the gc's with the perches halfway down.
                              Attached Files
                              '91 323 SE

<center></center>

Comment

The ride will be decent with the sohc in the car, but with a BP it can be a little harsher. This is due to the extra weight.

Stronger shocks should definetly be used with GC's. Especially if you have a BP under the hood.
                                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                                X