brembo conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that on your car??
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

no, i think it's a dude from the UK who did the conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
        no, i think it's a dude from the UK who did the conversion.
        I don't know if he's from the UK or not but it's an overseas GTX. It doesn't look like the conversion will be that hard to do on a Protege. Once the time for new brakes comes, I might give it a shot as well.
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
          Link? I have flushed the brakes, am running potenza 950's, just resurfaced rotors and am using oe pads. But from sixty mph I would like to be able to lessen my stopping distance. I realize that the oe set up will lock them up,...blah blah blah
          if they lock the tires, then you physically CANNOT reduce stopping distances. If you would like to argue, first read up on dynamic body friction and then come back to us.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Yes I realize that skidding is not the fastest way to stop. I will NOT argue that with you. But track proven evidence shows that larger brakes slow a car down faster WITH OUT locking up the tires. All I was saying was that the oe set-up has the clamping capability to lock up the tires. SO until you understand what I am saying DON'T critisize. And thank you everone else for the info. That picture of the conversion was just what I was looking for
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

I honestly don't understand how that would work. Please elaborate on this "track proven evidence".
              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                I honestly don't understand how that would work. Please elaborate on this "track proven evidence".
                nascar uses 10 or 12 piston calipers.....i dont think they would do that if a 1 or 2 piston caliper would work just as good
                Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

They were talking about straight up stopping distances...how would that help?
                  My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                  - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

NASCAR also has some big damn tires which they change every few pit stops. Also, the rotors are huge, because things get damn hot in an environment like that! Something a Protege will never see...
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                      NASCAR also has some big damn tires which they change every few pit stops. Also, the rotors are huge, because things get damn hot in an environment like that! Something a Protege will never see...
                      very very true....just thought i would toss up something to fight about