No announcement yet.

humming from rear wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today i decided to get it done. So i pulled out the tire and then went to pull out the calipers, but the problem is its really stuck in tite. I think its coz when i did my brake job, they used air tools and im using human power to turn the bolt around. anybody know of some high powered tools that are at a affordable price and that can do the job properly...

Also, since im a newbie, do i have to dismantle the whole caliper and remove the brake pads from it and the M spring, etc.... or can i just slide it out and let it hang by the brake fluid line. and then pull out the rotor?

let me know guys

thanks a lot

Comment

use airtools to remove the 32mm nut...otherwise you'll be breaking lots of sockets & bars
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

yeah, i went to my mechanic to use his tools....damn, it wud have been a bitch to remove it with my tools...

and on top of that, Carquest gave me the wrong bearing, they gave me the front one. So i got the whole hub from Napa. the problem was the rear passenger side, now its real smooth...feels good after driving for 2 weeks in some echoing noise...

Comment

how loud was this humming?
          91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

it was pretty bad... if i drive at abt 65-70 mph, my whole backseat... almost gets deafened out.... u can barely hear the rear speakers and people sitting in the back hear a loud hum, like its echoing in the car.

Comment

Working...
            X