Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youd have more luck calling zxtuner.com 2 personal #'s one for each of the owners i assume.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

bpt323,
      Can you post the dimensions of the SuperPro bushings and sleeves? There are really only two different bushings in the set, three of one (outer front and inner front and rear) and one of the other (outer rear).

I really want to try the ES units but want more info before I spend any money.
      Thanks, Bill.

Comment

i've already pressed the bushings in, it would be near impossible to gather a non distorted measurment of the bushings now. & yes tho, there is only really 2 different bushings only because of the sleeve design. yadda yadda yadda.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Does anyone know if the long outer spindle to lat links bolt is available from Ford or Mazda? Ford generally sucks for our parts, so I figure they're a no.
          I'm having mucho problemo getting these suckers out and need to know I can just get a new set of bolts if I need to. I'll also assume that these are not available anywhere else.
          Need to know soon, I have my other car (Tracer LTS) finally done and up for sale, but can't sell until my wagon is road worthy and this project is holding me up.
          Thanks, Bill.

Comment

Yes you can get the bolts through mazda. You must order them for the V6 mx3

I can't differentiate the part number from the link tho. the pdf file I have doesnt show it.

Comment

I wonder why they wouldn't have a universal # for it if they are the same? Is there any difference in them, at all?
              I know you used the mx3 lat links, did that make any difference between them?
              Any idea how much they are?
              I don't have a mazda dealer any where near me (90 miles away) and we all know Ford is crap for keeping parts active for our cars.
              Bill.

Comment

the bolt is effectively longer on the MX3 ones. youd be better just getting the MX3 TTL's

Comment

I don't want to mess with the factory geometry too much, ZX2 s/r struts and springs is as much as I'm willing to do. Call me a prude, it's OK.
                  I'm taking them in to a shop to see if they can get them out without ruining the bolts.
                  If they come out OK, I'll be doing the ES bushings that another guy here did, if they don't come out at all, they're going back in they way they are.
                  I need my daily driver back in a quickness, I need to sell the other LTS asap, I won't get my first paycheck (been out of work 17 months) from the new job for 3.5 weeks, I need the money just to pay bills. I know, boo hoo.
                  Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                    the bolt is effectively longer on the MX3 ones. youd be better just getting the MX3 TTL's

I'm working on a FAQ with pics for the generic Energy bushing install for V6 MX3 TTL and trailing arms for anyone interested. I've got one side of TTL's done, but no pics yet. Only trailing arm pics so far. But all will be on this thread when I'm done:

I've worked through the problem of some of the metal sleeves having offsets longer than the Energy bolts by reusing the factory sleeves. This way is not only safer IMO, but it also saves having to buy a spare bushing set just for the spare sleeves.
                    Last edited by lakersfan1; 05-17-2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Took them to a shop today, took them 45 minutes to do both. I haven't inspected them to see if they caused any damages, but they apprear OK. Bushings are toast, literally, but that was the point to replace the bushings. Now just got to order the ES unis.
                      Bill.

Comment

keep us updated

Comment

Damn, I've been so busy I haven't been keeping up with my subscribed threads.

About 3 years ago, when I did the rear-disc conversion on my wagon, I went to Hill Ford and had them put in new lower spindle-to-TTL bolts in, and I specified that they be removeable by the customer. So, they put some lithium grease on them for me. So, when I went to put on the disc spindles, it was easy to do. (of course, taking the TTL's off of the spindles was a HUGE PITA that required a BFH and an Oxy-Acetylene torch, and my dad's muscle. So yes, ford still stocks those bolts, at least they did a couple years ago. I believe they were around 16 bucks a piece.

--sarge

Comment

great infor sarge!... i had dave grab some from a Cali JY... i wasn't in a mood to wait for dealership ones...

Comment

Ok, I'm ordering the ES 9108 bushings today, I'm going Ebay, the total cost is nearly the same but I will get them about 2-3 days faster than the place posted and I need to get my wagon daily driver back on the road.
                              I'm only ordering 4 sets per car (I have two cars I'm fixin'). I figure that if I absolutely need extra new sleeves I can get them somewhere local, but I plan on just cutting an appropriate length of the stock sleeve to fit in there. I do have some spares of the stock washers too, to answer an early question.
                              I am planning on either anti-seize or something on the bolts through the spindle, any suggestions? I'm reusing the bolts, one has the threads a little off so I'm going to run the die on all of the bolts anyway and tap the nuts just in case too.
                              I was hoping to have the time, energy, and funds to have everything sand blasted, possibly powder coated, at least primered and painted, but that isn't going to happen for the wagon. Maybe down the road on my LTS I'll be able to we'll see.
                              Wish me luck, Bill.

Comment

let us know how it progesses billzie

Comment

Working...
                                X