Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called up global parts... they will be sendign me an email with price quotes... or other information depending on what they find.
    i'll be watching my email...
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

still no email?

Comment

i've been checking everyday.... still nothing.. i will have to call globalparts back and talk to them again.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

;(

Comment

I've also been trying to find a solution, but first I want to make something clear to myself. On the stock setup, what is actually rotating when the suspension moves?

1. The sleeve around the bolt? I don't think so because you screw it tight together.

2. The whole bolt rotates within the spindle/subframe? Doubt that too...

3. The sleeve rotates within the rubber? Maybe...

4. Nothing, the rubber just flexes? Maybe...

Maybe it's something totally different. I haven't taken anything apart yet, so maybe I am just missing something.

--Ferdi
            Last edited by ftjandra; 02-11-2005, 02:58 AM.
            If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
            -----
            Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
            Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
            Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

answer number 4 is the winner but with original bushings....
              I thing that the poly bushing come with sleeve as a part of it, and than number 3 is correct ????????????????

Comment

This is most readed thread at the moment, but no solvent.....

Comment

I've also been trying to find a solution, but first I want to make something clear to myself. On the stock setup, what is actually rotating when the suspension moves?

1. The sleeve around the bolt? I don't think so because you screw it tight together.

2. The whole bolt rotates within the spindle/subframe? Doubt that too...

3. The sleeve rotates within the rubber? Maybe...

4. Nothing, the rubber just flexes? Maybe...

Maybe it's something totally different. I haven't taken anything apart yet, so maybe I am just missing something.

--Ferdi
                  the bushings are not indepentant from the sleeve. the bushing trys to flex on the sleeve.
                  they somehow fuse the sleeve with the bushing its a normal bushing.

i called global parts back and talked to the head guy... he told me chances are slim that superpro would still go ahead and make the bushing. i haven't emailed superpro so i can't confirm that.
                  best thing to say not is custom bushings that could be machined/drilled to our specs.
                  melting the rubber off of the old sleeve. cleaning it up smooth and re using it with one **** ton of poly urethane grease. its a temp fix for the sleeve... if someone else wants to try and call around for bushings that may fit to our specs that would sure help out the process...
                  I don't have local long distance fro my place or a cell phone. so both are non options for me to call.

Comment

So, I emailed directly to Superpro..... It is our last chance.

Look at this :

if I understend it corectly, then answer 3 is correct.

Comment

speedy are the stock bushings seperate from the metal sleeves...or are they supposed to be bonded stock?? you know more than me

i know that the poly bushings are full floating and independant of each other.

Comment

Stock bushings are vulcanized into one piece...

You have energysusp. bushings in the front arms... What's Your experience ? (precision of handling, noise..)

Comment

fully satisfied with the ES bushings... they are of a perfect firmness. if you cut threaded grooves through the center of any poly bushing other than superpro and fill it with poly grease you get a much better lubrication. there is no noticeable noise difference over rubber unless they are inproperly lubricated. the handling is more precise fuctional movements are more defined. the lack of play from rubber bushings is phenominal

Comment

Oooh
                            Complete bushings kit+KONI dampers+eibach springs+16 inch rims and I will be happy too.....

Comment

id be happy with the 16's the rest of the setup is complete for me cept these damn rear bushings

Comment

I'm wondering if it would be possible to change the setup to use greaseable metal bushings.. Would be easy to machine some up. hmmmmm
                                -Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X