Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 323 C Mk Iv Actuating Lever

Hi Folks

I'm no mechanic so I'm not even sure what I am looking for here. My car failed the NCT\MOT and one of the parts it failed on was for a missing actuating lever fitting.

The guy said it was the handbrake spring....

Not sure what it even looks like or where to get one but if someone had one for sale that I could give to my mechanic to replace I would be very grateful.

Thanks folks

Not sure exactly what you need. Did the guy show you where it's supposed to be? Did you get a sense of if it was under the car or in the interior?
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Under the exhaust heatshield center in the tunnel there is the cable mount point, the E brake cable comes to a Y connection for L/R cables in the middle of which is a connecting spring that pulls the Ebrake cable back down. If there is little/ no tension this is likely a culprit.... UNLESS you have drum brakes and live in a climate that has rust. (if that is the case- further work inside the drum is required)
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
      X